AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promo Code Not Credited?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a promo code for $100 associated with my account and while it initially appeared to process ok, I was recently charged on my credit card.  Upon looking at the amount of the once $100 credit, it is now listed as a credit for $1.  The charge I incurred was for my ad schedule during this trial period.  In fact, I should still have money left on the credit.  What exactly happened here?  This credit was sent to me by Google, so I know it was legit.  I can provide the code to a representative if need be  (or they should be able to see it in my account billing details).  Maybe a mod can forward this to an account rep as it seems to be pretty impossible to get anyone on the phone at Google that seems to be able to address this issue?

Bottom line, it's not a lot of money but I just feel that Google should honor its credits.  If they don't plan on doing so...why send the credit?  Did I violate terms or something and the credit was taken away?  I would find this odd as I'm promoting a science fiction book that doesn't include any objectionable material.  lol

Anyway, help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Promo Code Not Credited?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Niacouve,

There can be various reason like:
>>promotion code should have been exhausted before your credit card was charged.

>>Was the promo code valid

>>Was it processed with no errors

For Troubleshoot a promotional code kindly visit below link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=126179

"Promotional credit must be applied to a new AdWords account within 14 days of creating the account and is valid only for new Google AdWords customers with self-managed signup accounts and with billing addresses in the US. Advertisers will be charged for advertising that exceeds the promotional credit. Advertisers will need to suspend their ads if they do not wish to receive additional charges beyond the free credit amount. Subject to ad approval, valid registration and acceptance of the Google AdWords Program standard terms and conditions. The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. Offer may be revoked at any time for any reason by Google Inc. One promotional credit per customer. Advertisers with self-managed signup accounts in the US are subject to a USD$5 activation fee that will be deducted from the promotional credit. Advertisers outside of the US, "

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal