AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Profitable false clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

A word of warning to you all, my Google campaign is attacked daily by a competitor and is costing me hundreds of pounds, spoken to google and they asssure me that false clicks are weeded out, I get the odd 30p refund every couple of weeks to show in googles words WE TAKE FALSE CLICKS SERIOUSLY SIR, my clicks go up from 5 to 7 a day when competior is not attacking me to 40 clicks a day when he is which is very frequently and I may get 20p back if I am very lucky.

Apparently they don''t keep web logs for ad's to check IP address multi clicks this is a policy to ensure maximum false clicks and fob you off with we don't have this info sir but WE DO TAKE FALSE CLICKS VERY SERIOUSLY SIR.

Prove it google and start protecting your clients instead of riding on the back of fraudulent activity for profit.

Have been through action fraud, police, and various others for advice on this fraudulent activity and been told by all that it is a consumer issue and google should be doing more to prevent this from happening, but I guess no profit in helping your clients when you have the monopoly in the industry,

Thanks for all the help google, looke like I had better click all my competitors ad's untill his daily budget is reached to give myself a chance, then it comes down to fighting it out in the yellow pages.

Regards

Simon Cook

Thanks for your non existent support, may well put me ouy of business.

Re: Profitable false clicks

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I think the best way to handle is to exclude your competitors IP address. You can do this in the campaign settings.

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Re: Profitable false clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My competitor is using hundreds of different ip addresses, hiding in an ip generating programme, my web host Vistaprint doesn't release ip addresses without a police incident number due to data protection, the police say this is a matter for action fraud UK and action fraud UK say it ids a consumer issue between Google and myself as Google should be doing more to protect there clients, so it's a roundabout and you are doing nothing to help other than taking the money and spewing out a load of crap that you can't look at my account and investigate without a web log.

Take a look at the account and use some common sense, it doesn't take anyone with an IQ above 5 to see that my campaign is being attacked and saying you don't know the ip address of someone who clicks on a google ad is total crap, YOU DO HAVE THESE RECORDS but it is not profitable to use them as false clicks are worth a fortune.

Please look at my account or I will have to pull my adverts and click all my competition out first thying every day so none of us show to make it a level playing field.

Regards

Simon Cook.