AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Price per click if there are no competitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm wondering what sort of cost I can expect for my keywords if there are no other bidders? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Price per click if there are no competitors?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
It all depend really

and in most cases if there are no bidders its usually not a very good keyword means a low search volume that won't show on google

But of course you can always try, and if it shows up and there are no other bidders then of course the Cost per click will be low

Hope that helps
Maged Wassef
Adwords Guru and a Mini Genius I Follow @TopRankGuru
Please Star My reply If it helped you Smiley Very Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Petra L,

Welcome to the community...!

Please go through article below which answers your query.

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2007/10/common-misconception-revisited.html

Deepak

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Petra L !

According to this previous debate when a google employee stepped in, you can bid as low as 1 cent.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Reducing-AVG-CPC-with-QS-10/m-p/150346/highl...

But also you have to use the tool Auction Insights to understand that you can actually have competition and that you "share the impressions". This tool can be used on a single keyword after a few days when you accumulate enough statistics.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

I can tell you that I have a few niche keywords that work fine a even 1 cent bringing 10-15 clicks a day. But  the reason for the niche is the targeted location, a capital of a city in europe with only 2 milion inhabitants.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Let me add that it would be a rare keyword, indeed, that was included in the AdWords ad serving database, even though no one wanted to bid on it. Even one advertiser wanting to bid on a keyword is 99.999999% unlikely to produce enough revenue for it to be worth adding it to the database.

I also wanted to add that the fact that you might not see any ads when you search for this keyword yourself (in the live environment) doesn't mean no one else is bidding on it. You may be outside the geo-targeted territory of other campaigns, you may be searching at a time of day when other campaigns are either inactive because of poor results during that time-frame or because they've exhausted their daily click budget or for some other reason.

I would suggest adding the keyword to your campaign, then checking the "minimum bid" figure, along with the "top of page estimate."  These two will give you a general idea of the range you need to bid in, in order to earn any traffic for your ad and in order to get your ad high enough on the SERPs for searchers to see it and maybe click on it.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for the quick replies. The information was very helpful!

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.