AdWords
7.2K members online now
7.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Prepay running low - had actually run out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Anyone had a prepay running low message and which indicates you have about five days left in the tank.  When you get back to topping up several days later you find the prepay had actually run out 7 days ago.  The prepay notification system must have a failure rate when it comes to topping up.  My account flatlined for 5 days.  Anyone from Google Adwords on to this?

drMedia.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Prepay running low - had actually run out

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI drMedia, I'll admit I've not a lot of experience with pre-pay so can't comment personally.  I'll escalate this to the powers that be for an answer...

How often has this happened to you?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Thanks.  Only the once actually.   Specifically i got an email on 15 Feb that prepay running low..less than one weeks worth.  The billings summary showed it had zeroed on 14 Feb.  I checked back on 19th and discovered this and topped up.  So it was zeroed for about 6 days probably.  I would interested to kow if this affects the page rankings?

drMedia

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi drMedia,

It looks to me that there might be some technical glitch around due to which this happened. I have experienced Red Message flashing in my client's accounts when the pre pay balance starts running low. But certainly this looks be some error. You might consider getting in touch with Adwords Tech. support using this link: Contact Adwords

In the last you said about page rankings. Can you elaborate on that please? Is it something you are asking about the Ad Rank or the Page Rank of your website page (that green color bar)...Both are different and independant according to my understanding.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I wondered if the zero ads might affect page ranking but if they're different then not. The page ranking appeared to drop out but did come back. If the algorithms are different for each then no effect.  I have tried to contact adwards support through that link but gave up trying. The phone support was out of office hours when connected thru to NZ.  Cannot link to any email for themaddress. Which is why I cam to the Forum.  My clickthroughs are back up.  Smiley Wink  Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi drMedia,

You are right in saying that Page Rank is independent of the Google ads. Both are different. We cannot actually correlate both of them.

About Adwords support, in case you need to contact them using email, you first have to choose the correct category i.e. the question which belongs to and then further drill donw and in the end you will get a button sort of thing to click for Email. It will show you the form which you have to fill up possibly with a screenshot.

But anyways, good to hear that your account CTR has improved Smiley Happy

Best of Luck

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the replies.  drMediaSmiley Wink