AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Payments taken by Google without paper trail

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had small but increasing amounts taken from my business bank account labelled AFS re: Google Ltd. It is Direct Debit. There is also a six figure code. I receive no paperwork or email in connection with this at all and am not currently running Google Adwords through my own account for any of my clients (I work in marketing).  What could it be?  I have cancelled it. I don't actually think it is reasonable for Google to DD my account without a paper trail

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Payments taken by Google without paper trail

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Sarah, 

Sorry to hear that you've had this experience. I have escalated your issue to our AdWords Support team. They will be able to help you trace these payments and see where they have been applied. They'll be in touch soon so keep an eye on your inbox. 

In the meantime, I would suggest double checking the status of the campaigns associated with your email address. Bear in mind that you will be charged for any Campaigns that contain active Ads and Keywords. You can find out more about understanding your campaign status here.

Let us know if you have any more questions about this.  

- Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do read this thread as others have had AFS re GOOGLE LTD payments taken and they're fraudulent
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adsense/JvPehyCG4kE

I have also had this happen to us. We're getting onto our bank now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Hannah, can you escalate our own account as I can find a direct contact and just did a google search for AFS which was rejected by mistake by our bank due to another issue and security reasons. We need them to contact us on our account to request the DD again as we dont want the adwords to be held up due to none payment. We are informing you early as we just noticed this has happened. Mark

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone. I have experienced the same problem as Sarah. I have checked my bank account that i have used it to top up my google ad and fount that I was debited 250 ponds without being informed or receiving any notice or email confirming the payment. It shows on mu bank account that Google has also set up direct debit without my permission.  

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Dartford,

It sounds like your account is on Automatic payments, and that while you are making manual payments to "top up" your account, a charge was triggered.

I would suggest that you review the information in the Billing section of your account to make sure that you understand the method of billing used in your account. If you have specific questions, please contact AdWords Support as we cannot discuss account specifics, nor can I access your account here.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Why do why why why

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

Thank you.