AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Payment failed but I see a charge in my bank statement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help, my first time to use adwords with my hard earned money.

1. I paid using debit card then received an email from google "Payment Received"

2. After an hour payment failed and my balance becomes zero 0.

3. I check my bank and I was charged.

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Payment failed but I see a charge in my bank statement

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Sometimes banks will hold an amount in "pending" status, and it often takes banks a day or two to clear the charges. If you don't want to wait, though, I would recommend calling into the AdWords team to confirm that your account was not charged.

Let me know if you have additional questions,

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Below is my debit statement from my account, you can see there are thee (3) "GOOGLECC@GOOGLE" but I only transact once on google adwords, which means my payment was success because they charge me "service charge"?

I already contacted my bank and they said it was debited successfully. I did my part on my side, so how can I tell google support to check it on their side, twice I contacted google support and they kept on telling me to contact my bank.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove a screen shot which contained information that should be held as private, and which should not be posted in this or other public forums. Please do not re-post.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately we do not have access to your account from the AdWords Community, so you will need to continue working with the Billing team and your bank on this. I'm not sure about the details for your unique situation, but Google does not decline any payments, so it is likely an issue on your bank's side.

Please keep me posted and let me know if after getting in touch with the AdWords team and your bank again, this is still not resolved.
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is not solved yet, my bank hasn't credited back until now while other transactions from other merchants have successfully crediting to my bank.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Steve,

I'm following up with the Billing team to confirm next steps. Did your bank share a timeframe with you of how long it may take them to post credits in general?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

So this is what happened, I used my debit card to buy credits as manual payment, After a minute I removed the card, not knowing that this is a bug from your side. The debiting went successful on my bank, 3 charges, i think 2 are service charges/pre-authorization, google support keeps on telling me that they didn't authorized the payment. So how can I tell my bank that you didn't authorized the payment if you didn't send them a CANCEL/REVERT/UNAUTHORIZED code in the backend. I only assume that your system didn't send it because until now all 3 charges (2 service charges/pre-authorization) haven't credited back yet, other merchant already did credited to my account and those transaction with them I did after my transaction with google adwords.

2 weeks already pass and I haven't seen a credit back from GOOGLECC@GOOGLE.COM yet, how long should I wait?

I wanna know if your backend/system send a CODE to my bank that you didn't authorized the payment, My mom contacted my bank and they just keep on telling my mom that the transaction was debited

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As of today, my bank said still no credit awaiting... help what should I do, small money to US people but big money for an asian.

What is the correct explanation that I need to address to the bank to get my money back?

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Steve,

I've checked with the billing team and unfortunately there is nothing else we can do on our end, as it is your bank that will need to process the refund. I'm afraid I don't have access to your account, so cannot follow the payment trail for your specific case. If you still have questions, I would recommend following up with the member of the AdWords team you were working with previously and they will be able to explain further.

Cassie

Payment failed but I see a charge in my bank statement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Transaction Failed on two attempts on trying to fill my balance and I was charged twice for this, I am worried how many more times do I keep paying only the transaction fees before I can get my account balance with add words filled.