AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Payment deduction Many times without approval

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I am Mahtab Alam and i am using Google Adwords for website http://www.ibmathstutor.com Yesterday 5 times payment has been deducted from Google Adword of my Google Adword account <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>.
I am mentally and economically harassed yesterday as 3569.95 Rs was deducted 5 times instead of one time and that payment is also not reflecting in my account. I called my ICICI bank customer care and initiated complaint and blocked my debit Card.
I want my payment back and compensation for this kind of harassment. I am attaching photo of statement of bank account.

Thanking You
Mahtab Alam

Google adword ID: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security. As a best practice, please do not post confidential account information in this - or any other - public forum.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Payment deduction Many times without approval

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Mahtab,

Firstly, please do not include any info like customer ID, certainly not bank statement as this is an open forum.

If you're using Automatic Payments, your CC would be automatically charged when the threshold is reached. However, multiple charges aren't possible in most cases, unless the first one wasn't successful. In any case, there cannot be more than one actual charge.

Have you contacted Google to know what exactly has happened?
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have contacted Google and send them bank statement but still I have not got any positive reply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are facing the same situation
You are lucky 5 times, we had 10 times and 11th payment done at 3:44 PM too

Mr. Sridhar this is the ugly truth of card payments.....we too thought I is it possible without any payment how come our Bank account is getting debited
But this is happening
It is not the payment happening after a threshold is reached
It is like paying once for something and getting 11 debits for the same while your Google account reflects only a single payment

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Did you receive a response? If so, what was advised?
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Trip P,

I'm quite certain that consecutive charges over and above your due balance isn't possible. However, it is possible that 10 transactions weren't successful and the eleventh one was. In that case, you'll have to speak to your bank/CC company to get an update. You can easily verify this from the transaction summary page. A successful charge would look like "Automatic Payment Master 0000" for instance.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google has acknowledged there is some error they are facing and asked for
Bank statements to prove multiple deductions

But after that nothing else

The worst is that after so many payments also they haven't credited the
AdWords account with a single Rupee which means no Ads serving too

Ridiculous , didn't expect this from a world leader in technology.....how
safe are we with payments to anyone else then ????

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Has it been more than 24 hours? You can also try calling them to get an update, more so because ads are offline
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes more than 24 hours

But ads were running till recently till previous balance was available

Called them and they have emailed also , they acknowledged they are facing
technical problems

They assured they are working on it and will solve it at earliest

Let's hope they do solve at earliest and get the root cause of it

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hope it is resolved soon Smiley Happy Please update this thread for the benefit of other community members who might be looking for a possible solution.
Sumanth Sridhar