AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Paying with my client's Credit card

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am running campaigns for 1-2 clients. Simple account. dont see a reason to change to MCC at this scale.

Can i add my client's credit cards and pay with them without problem? They made credit cards only for adwords and they completely trust me.

Thx

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dorian Daniel T
February 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Dorian Daniel T

The amount of clients you have is irrelevant for an MCC.  If you have different clients in the same account, and want to use each one's card, you're potentially setting yourself up for a problem.

It's not about trust, but rather the way Adwords bills on the account level.  Assuming you are post-pay, you're going to build up to a threshold of $500.  There is no way to break that down and apply the appropriate amount to each client's card.

If you are pre-pay, it's still going to be difficult keep track of appropriating the spend.

Having different cards belonging to different people in the same account can also be a potential fraud flag. 

The little effort involved with setting up an MCC now and creating separate client accounts, will save you a lot of potential grief in the future.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well actually im doing only manual payments, not automatic. But i see your point. Ty