AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Paying remaining balance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an AdWords ad campaign that ran for a while, but now I'm shutting it down. However, there's still a balance outstanding, though the balance is under $20. When I try to pay out the remaining balance, I receive an error stating that there must be at least $20 outstanding, before making a payment.

I don't want to incur more expenses on this account just to clear it out. How do I pay out the final balance?

Re: Paying remaining balance

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Garfonzo,

Recently I decided to delete one of my accounts with a little over 10 dollars left and I think there was a message about refunding me the rest of the money in the account. Not sure whether that happened yet. Dont take this for granted. I would need confirmation for this. But since you are quitting Adwords, it just might be the way out.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, instead of billing that last outstanding balance, Google just gave you a refund? 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes, I just checked and it seems so. I canceled my Adwords Account by clicking on cogwheel in the top right corner -> Account settings -> Want to stop running your AdWords ads? Cancel this account

Now I checked the information in Transaction history and it says: Payment refunded: MasterCard ...xxx - And it was a little over $12.

More info:

Cancel your AdWords account
Requesting refunds

Alex

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Garfonzo,

Just curious if you were able to resolve this issue. Do you need any help? Let us know.

Thanks,
Mini