AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing Keywords still be chargeable?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My question is if i pause a Keyword within a Ad Group will this still be chargeable i.e CPC.

I have read this can take up to 3 hours before the change has been implemented.

Or is the best option to pause the actually Ad Group, then to pause each individual Keyword.

Maybe a simple question but want to make sure the action I take is relevant to my needs as this point on the campaign.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Pausing Keywords still be chargeable?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Ryan,

The data related to any activity which has been performed in real-time may take upto 3 hours to update.
If you have paused your keyword, it will not participate in the auction from that instant of time. But any activity performed before pausing it may get updated after some time, which you are considering that keyword is still taking part in the auction.
But in actual it had stopped when you have paused it.

For your statement, only the data takes time to show and update not any such activity.

If you think that keyword is still working then check if any duplicate or close variant keyword is also enabled.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ryan,

to double check if your keywords still are displayed after pausing you may use Adwords Preview Tool
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Ryan,

The data related to any activity which has been performed in real-time may take upto 3 hours to update.
If you have paused your keyword, it will not participate in the auction from that instant of time. But any activity performed before pausing it may get updated after some time, which you are considering that keyword is still taking part in the auction.
But in actual it had stopped when you have paused it.

For your statement, only the data takes time to show and update not any such activity.

If you think that keyword is still working then check if any duplicate or close variant keyword is also enabled.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexey C,

Thank you for the link and taking the time to reply. Appreciated.

Ryan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

Thank you for explaining the affects of pausing keyword and how the activity is logged before and after.

Ryan