AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Paused ads unpausing themselves

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I paused all my ads on 15th August as was looking to reduce costs. Imagine my surprise when I notice on bank statement that I've been billed again and seemingly from 25th August, ads have somehow become un-paused (not of my doing!).

This is not really acceptable - I have since paused them again, why would they become unpaused automatically?

Re: Paused ads unpausing themselves

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Kehall,

Did you have any automated rules set up that might cause this kind of behavior?

Were there any changes you had made in AdWords Editor that hadn't gone live before you paused the ads and maybe by posting from Editor accidently activated some ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not used AdWords Editor or even logged in since the ads were paused until yesterday, and only basic use, so I don't think any rules would have been set up. Can clearly see no clicks from 15th then they start up again on 25th. :/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have had the same thing happen to me. There were over $200.00 of unauthorized charges to my card. When I went in to re-pause my ad, They had un-paused themselves again by the end of my session! Google's reply was that I must not have clicked "save". However I intentionally watched for this when I did it. I intentionally looked to see that it said my changes have been saved at the top, and I intentionally looked to make sure the word "paused" was displayed in orange, and both appeared. I have canceled my account and am in process of disputing the charges.