AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Over spend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

IF my budget if £650 for a campaign and my delivery is set to spread the budget out, why would I have spent it all by 14:00.  Appreciate the 20% etc.. but surely I shouldnt be maxing out my budget half way through the day.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Over spend

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Richard S,

This might not help but we once had all of our budget spent. we found out that a previous employee had used a piece software that uses a different IP every few clicks so it looks like correct clicks not Invalid " Fake " clicks. we took this to google and they said they couldnt prove it was a piece of software doing this and we had to pay the full amount.

I would suggest maybe looking at your Google analytics and checking where the traffic may be coming from, i would also report this to google and they will check into it to see if they qualify as invalid.

kind regards,

Brett B

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

This means that either you set a really low budget of the you target too broad.

• I would first look that the keywords and ad-copy are really "tightly themed" to the busindes / products you are promoting 
  • Avoid as much as you can "broad match". This match type could trigger the ad against search queries which might not be relevant
  • Add negative keywords
  • And the tool to use: is the search terms report which  shows you which search queries matched which keywords, and will help you to remove keywords not relevant and add negative keywords

Read more:

Negative Keywords: As Important as Positive Keywords

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply MosheTLV,

Back then we had aprox £100 per day i wouldn't of said that was a low budget just depends on the market you are targeting.

we also never used broad match, i have always used phrase / exact match.

Google's system back then weren't as good as it is now, if it happened now i am sure they would be able to class them as invalid, but as i said the IP changed every so many clicks so we couldn't prove it was someone trying to waste our budget.