AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Over $600 in adwords - not 1 conversion!!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google,

is this a scam?! How in the world can I have over $600 spent as a small business. We have an extremely niche product that sells like hot cake on Etsy. We spend $20 a day advertising on etsy and that converts to hundreds monthly.

I've paused all my campaigns. Perhaps google proves to me at this point it can bring me a single sale and I'll continue dropping massive amount ls of money into the system. Until then - I'm done with this scam.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Over $600 in adwords - not 1 conversion!!!!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tyler S,

I understand your situation, spending money but have no conversion .

I think you should re-check your campaign performance.

Re-check the campaign set up, is it the good campaign already or not?

If you not sure this one. You can contact to support team, they will advice you and help you to build a good campaign which is focus on conversion.

Support team : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Sometime, campaign is not going well like we expect, that why we need support team to help us.

Do not hesitate to contact them.

Regards

Anna Nguyen,

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler S,

Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.

AdWords is a very effective advertising platform but it does require a correct campaign setup and careful monitoring to optimize the account to perform to your goals & objectives. AdWords is a very robust system that is very complex. It is not a system to set it and forget it or to crank up the spending at first or before working to shape the campaign through best practices.

I say all of this as a digital marketing professional, certified in AdWords and a badged Google Partner agency. I am not an employee of Google. I have clients that spend $600 monthly on AdWords and see an absolute positive ROI with thousands made monthly from it. 

I would recommend hiring someone to manage your AdWords spend. While it will cost you a little... it will return the results you so rightly expect from your hard earned money being spent. A extremely niche product requires an extremely smart application of Adwords, which is where a professional with a deep understanding of AdWords and a strict, constant review & adjustment of the campaign to ideally optimize it. 

Google is not here to take money from you... as it is a "mutual need of success" that allows AdWords to be the best solution to market a product or service online today.  

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your support team built my campaigns!!!! It still failed miserably!!!!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler S,

I recommend you hire a professional to manage the account, not rely on support to. There are many level and types of skill within support and while they are great at troubleshooting and adding to campaigns, I just do not agree with them being leaned on to creating, managing and optimizing it. 

Sorry for your frustration and disappointment. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tyler S,

You can share with me your website, may be i can have a look and share with you some experience .

Regards ,

Anna Nguyen

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Tyler,

The other possibility is that conversion tracking has not been implemented correctly - what type of conversion are you tracking?

N/A
# 8
N/A
Hi Tyler,

I completely understand your frustration. The support team can be great at resolving issues but not so great at creating and maintaining an account. I'd love to say that AdWords can work for all businesses but that's not always true.

Items with low AOV can be difficult to retain a profitable ROI (this is what I'm personally currently experiencing with one of my clients - targeting keywords with high CPCs but a low product value is always going to be a challenge) But that's not to say it's not possible for it to work.

I don't know what keywords you're targeting but if your product is niche it would suggest that your keywords should be too. If you share your site maybe we can suggest next steps but it would need someone who really understands AdWords to make it work long term. You also might find you're competing against Etsy themselves and if you're offering the same product at the same price for the same delivery you will more than likely find that people buy from Etsy directly.

Keep us posted.

Kind Regards,
Grace

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Im sending people to a brand new website launch with the landing pages being the EXACT keywords they would search for.

If you saw the product, you would be just as frustrated.

www.hausofhooray.com

Thanks,

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
Well, you definitely have some things that concern about the site. First of all, I don't know what it is you actually do... I can see pictures of balloons and streamers, but the only text is on the sub-pages. Each page has the same limited text, only with type of event changed. There's really nothing here but a contact form and a pop-up chat window. If a user is looking for more information, and you don't provide any on the website, they are not going to convert (contact confirmation, confirmed sale, etc.).

Etsy is is a completely different situation. If that works for you, keep doing it. But, you have a lot more work to do in the planning and development stage of the website/business before you can expect to scale. What about ecommerce? How many sales are you getting from the website from other (non-paid) sources? Just because you advertise something, doesn't mean people want to buy it. Smiley Happy

You definitely got something for your $600. If you don't know how to find value in that market research data, then you are never going to succeed in advertising.
Tom