AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Outrageous double charge for single impression justified?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed as others have done before me that I'm getting a 200% click through rate on single impressions and being charged twice. I called Apple and received a convoluted explanation. I don't care what the reasons are and cannot see how it is fair or reasonable to expect Adwords customers to pay twice for a single impression. This issue needs to be reviewed and I think all Adwords customers should be compensated for this patently obvious rort.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Outrageous double charge for single impression justified?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

.Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I'm not sure what explanation our team shared, but I can share some more information that may help.

There's a section about this in the Help Center, but in short, there are a few different reasons you can see more clicks than impressions:

1. If you're looking at data from today instead of a longer period of time, the reporting delay may be causing some metrics to lag behind others. AdWords data is not realtime, so it could be that your data has not fully updated yet.

2. Customers may comparison shop between different ads, and since browsers usually cache search results pages, this means that more than one impression is not recorded even if someone goes back to the same search page.

3. People may be clicking more than one link on your ad. If you use ad extensions, for example, and you can be charged for up to two clicks per impression.

You can also check a similar thread here. It's from a couple years ago, but still relevant.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

.Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I'm not sure what explanation our team shared, but I can share some more information that may help.

There's a section about this in the Help Center, but in short, there are a few different reasons you can see more clicks than impressions:

1. If you're looking at data from today instead of a longer period of time, the reporting delay may be causing some metrics to lag behind others. AdWords data is not realtime, so it could be that your data has not fully updated yet.

2. Customers may comparison shop between different ads, and since browsers usually cache search results pages, this means that more than one impression is not recorded even if someone goes back to the same search page.

3. People may be clicking more than one link on your ad. If you use ad extensions, for example, and you can be charged for up to two clicks per impression.

You can also check a similar thread here. It's from a couple years ago, but still relevant.

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I find the explanations to be fine as they are but do not think it is
remotely fair for you to charge twice for a single impression. It is greedy
and unreasonable.

If there is a process to review your policies, I would like to formally
request a review of the practice of charging more than once for single
impressions.

Please let me know what you plan to do with this request.

Regards,

Mark

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specific or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

Of course--The best way to submit your feedback is through the AdWords Feedback & Suggestions page.

Thanks for providing feedback,

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, that may be the best way for Google.

But being time poor and an actual customer, I would prefer that you lodge a
request to review this policy on my behalf. After all, I have made it
perfectly clear what I would like and have put it in writing. Take this as
a formal complaint if you like. Surely once a customer complains about a
matter relating to billing they should not then have to fill out forms or
go somewhere else? I would also like to be kept informed about the progress
of the requested review.

Many thanks for all your help.

Mark
--
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not post personal information including contact information on the forum.