AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Our AdWords account has been hijacked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our AdWords account has been changed to a new e-mail address, presumably by a hijacker.

I was able to access using my old password and verified that it is indeed our account, so I immediately changed the password.

I would like to change the credentials and apply a strong password, but I don't know how to change the account name.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Richard

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Our AdWords account has been hijacked.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Try this troubleshooter where you need to validate the information in order to prove that this account belongs to you:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2364595?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Try this troubleshooter where you need to validate the information in order to prove that this account belongs to you:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2364595?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Richard,

Quick question, was your email account, the one you use as an admin on the AdWords account compromised? It's a little unclear. The process for changing email accounts in AdWords requires multiple levels of acceptance and emails are sent out when requests are made.

I would be contact support immediately regardless.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’