AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Old campaign was automatically enabled without my confirmation - $50 charged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently added a Mastercard to my account, and got charged $50 for a campaign that I created and ended in Dec 2014.

Talked to the customer support rep at Google, and she'll try to get me a refund in the form of a store credit, but she didnt get back as promised.

What do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Turab G
July 2016

Re: Old campaign was automatically enabled without my confirmation - $50 charged

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Turab G

can you confirm in the change history that the campaign went from paused to active when you did this?  

I'm thinking the campaign was still enabled from 2014 without a valid card or it could be that your account had an outstanding balance and when you added the new card it brought things current.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Turab G
July 2016

Re: Old campaign was automatically enabled without my confirmation - $50 charged

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Turab G

can you confirm in the change history that the campaign went from paused to active when you did this?  

I'm thinking the campaign was still enabled from 2014 without a valid card or it could be that your account had an outstanding balance and when you added the new card it brought things current.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup, looks like the campaign had an outstanding balance.