AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Non profit AdWord campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up my first NPO adword campaign, and chose manual payment instead of clicking skip payment method, do I need to somehow change this? I don't want my campaign to be on hold if the system expects me to pay it. Help? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Non profit AdWord campaign

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Matt D ! Welcome to the AdWords Community ,

Your question is better served if you put it in the dedicated forum here :

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/grants

The Top Contributor there, Sir Robert Coats can help.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Matt; 

@RobertCoats , a  frequent member /poster in our  community, is also  a Grants Top Contributor;  I will ping him and ask him to reply to your question.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian. Will do.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt D
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe, I just posted in the forum per Adrian above.

Thanks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, once billing information has been entered, the account can no longer be classified in the system as a Grant account and a new account will have to be created to use with Google Grants. However, from your post it sounds like you took all the steps right up to the point of entering billing info so there might still be a chance. Do this: download Google Desktop Editor and download the account in its current state. Finish setting up the account following the instructions in the Grants Account Creation Guide and then post the account.

This should allow you to finish creating the account without the billing information and then submit the account for the Google Grants program.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert. I downloaded the editor, got everything set to go, but cannot figure out how to 'publish' the ad. Sorry, I'm usually decent at this type of stuff.

Matt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It may be easier to just start a new campaign all around?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

While you can certainly create a new campaign, the account itself will likely still be locked on the enter billing step within the online user interface. Using the desktop editor should allow you to bypass that step, complete campaign creation and then submit the account for review as outlined in the Google Grants Account Creation Guide. (which is a MUST read.)

Here is the help file on how to upload changes you make with AdWords editor: https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30583?hl=en