AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

No clicks but budget run out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Ad is not showing because my budget has run out. I have had no clicks (I have let Google set my CPC limit). I do have an accelerated delivery method, could that be the reason why the budget has run out despite having had no clicks whatsoever? Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author stuart k
September 2015

Re: No clicks but budget run out

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
HI Stuart K,

If you have a limited budget, and let AdWords set your bids for you (Automatic Bidding), sometimes the estimated bid that is set for you is higher than your budget. If you are using keywords that have higher competition, and therefore can sometimes be more expensive, you have a few options:

1 - Set a higher budget and keep the Automated Bidding method
2 - Keep your budget the same, but change to Manual bidding. Then set your bids lower than your budget to ensure you can actually get a click. Over time, with good performance in your account (increase in Quality Score), the amount you'll pay per click will come down.

Let us know if these tips help, and if we can answer any more of your questions!

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Stuart,

1)By chance do you have CPM bidding set?
2)Go into the gear wheel(upper right) go to Billing and see what amounts it took?
3) same place any messages like your bank didn't accept the charge etc.?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author stuart k
September 2015

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
HI Stuart K,

If you have a limited budget, and let AdWords set your bids for you (Automatic Bidding), sometimes the estimated bid that is set for you is higher than your budget. If you are using keywords that have higher competition, and therefore can sometimes be more expensive, you have a few options:

1 - Set a higher budget and keep the Automated Bidding method
2 - Keep your budget the same, but change to Manual bidding. Then set your bids lower than your budget to ensure you can actually get a click. Over time, with good performance in your account (increase in Quality Score), the amount you'll pay per click will come down.

Let us know if these tips help, and if we can answer any more of your questions!

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks to you both! It is working fine now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what did you do? I'm having the same problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello KathleenG

In my case not even a single click came but still google is showing that your budget runs out. Can you share your insight on this 

Thanks in advance 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

My Adwords suspended Reason Payment Now i can solved everything when my adword run again???