AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

New Account with billing questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm considering running an AdWords campaign, however I have read a few scary stories so I just wanted to clear it up for myself...

1) If I set my daily budget to £1, will I ONLY be charged £1 a day? If not, what is the maximum I will be charged?
2) What is the maximum monthly cost I will be charged if it isn't £30 (£30 x daily limit of £1)
3) I only have the option of automatic payments, is the threshold my daily limit?
4) I do not have a business set up, I am just a new youtuber, is this allowed in the 'business' sense?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @iamdharas g,

Here are your answers:

1) No, the system may charge up to 20% more than your daily budget.

Why costs might exceed your average daily budget

2) if the daily budget is £1, the maximum monthly charges will be 1 x 30.4 = £30.4

3) You'll be billed either 30 days after your last payment, or whenever your costs reach your billing threshold.

Automatic payments

Note: You can still make a manual payment at any time while on the automatic payment setting.

4) To run ads on AdWords, you must have a website associated with your business.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I agree with @Archit

About the 4th question, you can advertise as a business or as an individual. As a business you 'll get an invoice. As an individual you'll get a receipt. You have to clarify if you're a business or individual to the billing settings. Individuals are charged VAT. Businesses do not in most cases.

Re: New Account with billing questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I only ask about the business as in my YouTube channel it says that I can
use adwords simply to promote my videos, and the only URL it asked for was
the URL for one of my videos. Is this not the same thing?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, it's the same thing. You can use your videos URLs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So essentially I can be billed every day, but that billing overall will never exceed a monthly cost of £30.4? Or can I be charged multiple times a day?

Thanks for all the help as well, the community is excellent here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@iamdharas g,

Thanks for elaborating your 4th question.

You need to link your AdWords account to your YouTube channel for better insights.

Note: To activate the link between a YouTube channel and an AdWords account, make sure the link is verified in both YouTube and AdWords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You wiil be charged a maximum of £30.4 per month. Your card will not be charged daily, but based on a credit limit. I'm not sure for that limit in £. In euros, it's 50€