AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My client is questioning why they were billed for $250.00

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who would like to be billed at the end of the month, not incrementally. Also their first bill was for $250.00 ($200 for one campaign and $50 for a second), which is obviously lower than Google's $350.00 threshold.
How can we set this up so they get billed once a month and why the discrepancy in the threshold amount they were billed?

Thanks,

Lee

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: My client is questioning why they were billed for $250.00

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum.  As far as I know there's no simple way to be billed at the end of the month.  There are some options however.  Firstly you could use a "pre-payment" system rather than post-pay.  In this way you could "load up" an Account with a month's worth of budget and only make one payment every month to replenish it.

Alternatively there is an option to switch to a monthly invoicing system but the client has to meet certain requirements.  Given that one of the requirements is a monthly spend of $5000 or more - and the figures you've provided for your client, it's possible they won't meet these.

More information on Payment Options (including invoicing)

I am a little intrigued by your comment that they were billed "$200 for one campaign and $50 for a second".  Billing occurs at the Account level, not Campaign.  Two separate charges like this are more likely to be the two initial charges for a new Account as these figures match the progression.  The first charge for a new Account is $50, the next $250, the third $350 then final $500, each of which "or 30 days" whichever is the sooner.  (This answers your second question).

If your client spent more than $250 in just a few days it's possible the $50 and $200 payments came through together or very close.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: My client is questioning why they were billed for $250.00

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum.  As far as I know there's no simple way to be billed at the end of the month.  There are some options however.  Firstly you could use a "pre-payment" system rather than post-pay.  In this way you could "load up" an Account with a month's worth of budget and only make one payment every month to replenish it.

Alternatively there is an option to switch to a monthly invoicing system but the client has to meet certain requirements.  Given that one of the requirements is a monthly spend of $5000 or more - and the figures you've provided for your client, it's possible they won't meet these.

More information on Payment Options (including invoicing)

I am a little intrigued by your comment that they were billed "$200 for one campaign and $50 for a second".  Billing occurs at the Account level, not Campaign.  Two separate charges like this are more likely to be the two initial charges for a new Account as these figures match the progression.  The first charge for a new Account is $50, the next $250, the third $350 then final $500, each of which "or 30 days" whichever is the sooner.  (This answers your second question).

If your client spent more than $250 in just a few days it's possible the $50 and $200 payments came through together or very close.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits