AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My client is questioning why they were billed for $250.00

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who would like to be billed at the end of the month, not incrementally. Also their first bill was for $250.00 ($200 for one campaign and $50 for a second), which is obviously lower than Google's $350.00 threshold.
How can we set this up so they get billed once a month and why the discrepancy in the threshold amount they were billed?

Thanks,

Lee

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: My client is questioning why they were billed for $250.00

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum.  As far as I know there's no simple way to be billed at the end of the month.  There are some options however.  Firstly you could use a "pre-payment" system rather than post-pay.  In this way you could "load up" an Account with a month's worth of budget and only make one payment every month to replenish it.

Alternatively there is an option to switch to a monthly invoicing system but the client has to meet certain requirements.  Given that one of the requirements is a monthly spend of $5000 or more - and the figures you've provided for your client, it's possible they won't meet these.

More information on Payment Options (including invoicing)

I am a little intrigued by your comment that they were billed "$200 for one campaign and $50 for a second".  Billing occurs at the Account level, not Campaign.  Two separate charges like this are more likely to be the two initial charges for a new Account as these figures match the progression.  The first charge for a new Account is $50, the next $250, the third $350 then final $500, each of which "or 30 days" whichever is the sooner.  (This answers your second question).

If your client spent more than $250 in just a few days it's possible the $50 and $200 payments came through together or very close.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: My client is questioning why they were billed for $250.00

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum.  As far as I know there's no simple way to be billed at the end of the month.  There are some options however.  Firstly you could use a "pre-payment" system rather than post-pay.  In this way you could "load up" an Account with a month's worth of budget and only make one payment every month to replenish it.

Alternatively there is an option to switch to a monthly invoicing system but the client has to meet certain requirements.  Given that one of the requirements is a monthly spend of $5000 or more - and the figures you've provided for your client, it's possible they won't meet these.

More information on Payment Options (including invoicing)

I am a little intrigued by your comment that they were billed "$200 for one campaign and $50 for a second".  Billing occurs at the Account level, not Campaign.  Two separate charges like this are more likely to be the two initial charges for a new Account as these figures match the progression.  The first charge for a new Account is $50, the next $250, the third $350 then final $500, each of which "or 30 days" whichever is the sooner.  (This answers your second question).

If your client spent more than $250 in just a few days it's possible the $50 and $200 payments came through together or very close.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits