AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My automatic payment was declined.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I checked with the bank and they told me that the transaction was made without a certain authentication code hence got declined. Google only shows credit card as payment mode for me. I have talked to both my bank and Google support and seem to have got stuck in middle of nowhere. I am holding credit card issued in India.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My automatic payment was declined.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

In majority of the cases you need to speak with your Bank and ask them to authorize payments requested by AdWords system so that you don't get into this kind of trouble.

Did you try adding another credit card and making payment using that card?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have already talked to my bank. They are saying that the merchant is trying to make the transaction without the authentication code required. I have also been receiving warning SMS from the bank earlier saying that the transaction has been made without the additional factor of authentication prescribed by RBI, now they are blocking the transaction. I only have this one credit card and the adwords system does not accept any other means of making the transaction.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Are you in India and want to pay in Indian Rupees?

If yes, then review this help center article which indicates that you can also use some other form of payment like demand draft, net banking etc...https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3122375?rd=2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the link. I am a post paid customer and the options of paying by net banking etc are only available to pre-paid customers. Google also does not allow a person to change from a post paid customer to pre-paid. If that would have been possible, then the problem could have been resolved.