AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My adwords account has been suspended. New account, never used.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I opened up an adwords account about 2 years ago.  I purchased a franchise and they wanted us to advertise online.  I did not totally understand the process, so I never used the account.  Now the home office wants me to try the online advertising so I logged onto my account and was setting it up per their instructions.  A message came up stating the account had been suspended because they could not verify billing information.

I sent in a request asking for help so I could get it straightened out.  About 15 minutes later I received an email stating I was in violation of the terms of service and my account was suspended.  There was a link on the form to fill out to appeal the decision, but it states the decision will not be reconsidered until I meet the terms of service.

I don't know what I did wrong.  The account was never used.  It even still has the $10.00 credit that Google gave me for creating the account.

I went ahead and filled out the appeal form, but I don't know if anyone will even look at it.

I would be more than happy to correct any mistakes I made, but I have no idea what they are.

My website is www.gametruckparty.com/birmingham.

Any help would be appreciated

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My adwords account has been suspended. New account, never used.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Greg and welcome,

Its unfortunate that your account has been suspended. You said you opened up the account 2 years back. Did you ever check the status of your account after creating it?

Did you ever filled up the correct Billing details while setting the account in the past? 

Are you sure that this is the only account you have and you are not running multiple accounts for your business?

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi;

To follow with Pankaj; Please copy / paste here the suspension email received. (Mask all personal info . e.g CID, email...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Advertiser, Thank you for your email.

*** Please do not respond to this system-generated email. ***

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

For information on the terms associated with AdWords account use, please review our Terms and Conditions at: https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1703646

If you believe that you meet all of our Terms and Conditions and want to make an appeal, fill out the following form: https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Please be aware that we can't process your request unless our Terms and Conditions are met.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, forgot to answer some of the other questions when pasting in the email I received.

I did check on the account after opening it and there was nothing about being suspended there.  As a matter of fact, when I was working on the account this time, I was checking on the key words list and making sure it matched what the franchise gave me and there was nothing showing.  I was logged into the account for about 10 minutes.  Then a red banner appeared at the top of the screen telling me the account had been suspended because billing info could not be verified.  When I clicked on it, there was a contact for google.  I sent them and email, then about 10 to 15 minutes later I received the email that I copied to this forum.

The most frustrating part to me is the fact that they tell me I am in violation of their terms of service, but never tell me which part I am supposed to have violated.  If I knew that it would make it a lot easier to try and figure out what I did and how to correct it.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never opened another adwords account.  This is the first time I have had a business.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Why does your landing page include a 404 error?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It looks like when I typed in the web page address in my post and put the period at the end of the sentence it placed the period in the link.

try:

www.gametruckparty.com/birmingham

without the . at the end.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It looks like someone reviewed my account and it is now working.

Thanks for all the help and information.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Great;

I am glad that the issue solved;

Come back and to the community as you make progress with you campaign;