AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My ad was WAY overserved - can I get charged for this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a tiny tiny YouTube channel and heard that putting up a cheap ad would help a bit. So I set up an ad campaign for one of my videos for a total of $5.00, which budgeted .36 per day. The first day (yesterday) generated over 50k impressions and supposedly cost over $270.. I've paused the ad and sent an email to support as it's sunday and I can't reach them immediately, but will they try to bill me for that amount? I'm also worried that this amount of OVER exposure would actually hurt my channel quite a bit. Any idea what the AdWords support team will do about this?

Re: My ad was WAY overserved - can I get charged for this?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joel,

Welcome to the AdWords Community. From your question, I see your ad has been over-delivered. I suggest you to read about Overdelivery here.

If the monthly budget you have set is $5 only, according to AdWords your cost can go up to Average number of days in a month multiplied by average daily budget. So, if Google has over-delivered your ads, a overdelivery credit will be applied to your account. Read more about Overdelivery here.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed