AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My account won't let me apply my promotion code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently bought another Voucher code for my account. When I try'd applying the promotional code it gave me an error saying:

'Sorry, you are not eligible for this promotional code for the following reason(s): The number of promotional codes you have used on this account before, The length of time since your account was created'

The voucher is spend £25 and receive £75 

Can you only use 1 code in your account? or is my account just playing up. I thought you can buy as many voucher codes as you want although you cant use them until the one you already applyed to your account is used up.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My account won't let me apply my promotion code

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello DEFQON;

Trading (=selling or buying)  AdWords vouchers is a serious violation of the policy . You are lucky, that the coupon you were holding had not been listed (at the time) on the list of "unlawful" coupons. If it had, your account would have been suspended instantly.

Coupons are aimed to introduce new users to AdWords advertising (with new accounts). For that, Google is willing Google covers some of the costs. Coupons are not intended to reduce / cut costs on existing accounts. That should be done by optimizing campaigns.

Happy Holidays;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you mean trading with google adwords vouchers, are you saying I'm selling them or something. All I have done is buy a Voucher code from ebay to use on my account. I don't really see anything wrong with that. If your not aloud to buy anymore voucher codes for your account then why do people sell them and why is there a bit to apply promotion codes if you can only use 1, should it not disapear when you use your limit I guess so.

I've only ever used one Voucher on my account and that was a free one I got with my 123-reg hosting account. The one I try'd using was paid for, and now your saying I could get suspended for no reason at all.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again

Please read the full terms of service for promotional codes:

http://www.google.com/adwords/coupons/terms.html

Please note: " The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered."

Read the Terms of Service till the end: .("What happens if I violate this policy?" )

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

DEFQON,

what Moshe is saying is that selling AdWords "Coupons" also called Vouchers or Promo-Codes is against Google's policy (this link is for the USA version but it is very similar around the world).

Someone who buys one of these is very unlikely to be able to use it and actually risks having their AdWords account suspended.

It is unfortunate that these sellers do not warn their buyers of the possible consequences of the purchase.

I am very sorry,

Smiley Sad

E

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have received about a dozen of these promo codes in the mail from Google over the past few years. We recently launched an Adwords campaign in the fall of 2012. I have just taken over management of it and thought it would be a good idea to make use of 2 promo codes we recently received (Spend $25 and get $100).

I have never used a promo code before and have only been active on AdWords for a few months, but it is telling me I can't use the promo codes because my account is too old? Is this correct? Did we completely miss the boat on this promotion? Are they good for the trash or could they be used for a new campaign?