AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My account was switched from manual to automatic billing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

All of my accounts in my MCC have been switched from manual to automatic billing.  My clients all pay with a credit card and are now being charged more than they had originally budgeted because of the spend threshold.  These are small business owners, and they are concerned that they will have to turn off their Adwords ads because the budget has gone beyond what they want. I have created a rule, but one client is now going to be charged up to the max amount because these rules only apply to one campaign. How do I keep their budgets from going over the spend threshold of $200?  If I can create a rule that keeps the budget at or below 200, will the threshold decrease ever if it has exceeded it as some point in time?  Is there any possible way to change the accounts back to manual billing?

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My account was switched from manual to automatic billing.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to adwords communitySmiley Happy

To control the campaign budget, you can defined the individual campaigns of budget or create a shared budget to all campaigns, that you are willing spend per day. But make sure it will also charge 20% more of daily budget but your monthly spend remain same as a total budget.
In this way you can control the budget.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Why won't you set a rule per campaign (up to 100 rules)?

See instructions in the following link

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rakesh. And, thank you for the suggestion to add 20% to the daily budget to avoid going over budget. That's a great idea.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
I have set up a few rules for each campaign, but it appears that I haven't set them up correctly. What kind of rule do you recommend to avoid going over budget?