AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My Adwords has been link spammed - £2395.50 in 1 hour ! :(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am very shocked to login to my google adwords acocunt to find that yesterday my google adwords campign has been been spammed ramping up a bill of £2395 for the hour of 8'oclock.

I am devistated to think that my account will be debited for this amount in 4 days time from my bank. I would of phoned the google support team but they only operate Monday - Friday.

Has anyone came across an attack like this as such?

I'll be calling the support team first thing monday morning.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Adwords has been link spammed - £2395.50 in 1 hour ! :(

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi;

WOOO

No one that can help   and investigate on Sunday

Pause the campaign and Call Google  (ASAP) on Monday.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the advice. I'll be doing that first thing Monday.

It's a shame the attack appears to have avoided the anti-spam systems within Google Adwords.

I'm praying google manage to find out who did this and my cost for that hour gets refunded but we will see Smiley Sad

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Ico - your cost will be refunded.

Google usually do this automatically within the billing section (albeit it's usually smaller amounts) and it just comes up saying "credit - adjustment click fraud" or similar.

Good luck.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+