AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

My Account Was Suspended For No Reason - I have Not Advertised

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several gmail accounts that I primarily use for YouTube, Gmail (one for school, a general mailbox, etc). About a week ago I opened up an Adwords account on 2 of my accounts. I was not really intending to advertise on both but I was really trying to do market research. I linked my debit card to one account (the one that was banned) after doing some market research. I never wrote an ad, tried to publish a campaign, or did any type of advertising. I am still in the middle of creating my website and doing everything that it takes to start the business but I've noticed that this morning I was banned!

Can I get another appeal or an explanation of how my billing caused a suspension? I have yet to do anything besides use the Keyword Tool to check traffic that I would be receiving for the campaign! This is extremely unfair because I've spent close to $1000 on creating a website, buying a domain, paying a designer, and creating content. 

My Account Was Suspended For No Reason - I have Not Advertised

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've already filed an appeal and was told that the ban would not be lifted outright!