AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple clicks using different key words!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI! If someone uses different key words and my ad is shown again and again with those keywords, and if the viewer clicks it every time then will those clicks be valid

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple clicks using different key words!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mohit,

Yeah if your ad being displayed when user search mulitple queries and click your ad those will be valid click. If you don want your ad to be appear for certain queries, you can add them as negative.  You can look into search term report and find out negative keywords.

Recommended Reading

Exclude Keywords from your campaign

Negative Keyword as important as positive keywords for any ppc campaign.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha

First I would like to thank you for your reply.

My doubt is that the competetors often know the various keywords which we use for the ads. Then this way they can always use those related keywords to search my ad and then click it. Like in my campaigns i use around 20 different but obviously related keywords and those in the same field can easily guess the multiple keywords i might be working on. 

Then he might use different keywords to search my ad from the same IP and click it again and again. That means i will be charged everytime!

Thank you.

Mohit Gupta

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mohit,

It will depend on many factors like IP addresses, user session information, network information, geo-targeting and browser information of the viewer. So we cannot confirm those will be valid or invalid clicks. I think it can only be confirmed by Google itself.

According to Google -

"There are many things Google does to detect invalid clicks, including looking at duplicate IP addresses, user session information, network information, geo-targeting and browser information. These are all important signals for detecting invalid clicks. When we believe those clicks are invalid, we reimburse advertisers for them."

This detection and filtering occurs over a number of levels including the following:

-Real-time systems filter out activity fitting a profile of invalid behavior (such as excessively repetitive clicks)

-Clicks and impressions from known sources of invalid activity are automatically discarded

"Please note that Google closely monitor and filter out invalid clicks across the entire Google advertising network. This includes Google properties, the Display Network, and Google's search partner sites. You can run an invalid click report to see the number and percentage of invalid clicks automatically filtered from your account. You're not charged for these clicks and they don't appear in your account statistics."

Find more about invalid clicks -

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42995

How Google detects invalid clicks -

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6114

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Brijesh

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Again,

Straight From Google:

Clicks on ads that Google considers to be illegitimate, such as unintentional clicks or clicks resulting from malicious software.

• Here are just a few examples of what Google may consider to be invalid clicks:
    • manual clicks intended to increase your advertising costs or to increase profits for website owners hosting your ads
    • clicks by automated clicking tools, robots, or other deceptive software
    • extraneous clicks that provide no value to the advertiser, such as the second click of a double-click

Read more here & Also read invalid traffic & how google deals with it.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Neha

But if my ad is triggered using different keywords, then also the clicks are valid?

Viz. "Apppartments on Yamuna Expressway" or "Flats on Yamuna Expressway" or "Jaypee Sports City Appartments" might all show my ad on top. If anyone clicks on my ad several using all these mention above, then will the clicks be valid?

Thanks

Mohit 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brijesh

Thanks for replying.

But i would repeat my doubt to you: 

That if my ad is triggered using different keywords, then also the clicks are valid?

Viz. "Apppartments on Yamuna Expressway" or "Flats on Yamuna Expressway" or "Jaypee Sports City Appartments" might all show my ad on top. If anyone clicks on my ad several using all these mention above, then will the clicks be valid?

Thanks

Mohit

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Again,

Before you confirm those clicks are valid or invalid, I would recommend you to first understand how Google detects invalid clicks. Then you will come to know its really not simple to decide clicks are valid or invalid.

Do you analyze web logs of your website? If yes, then try to exclude IP Addresses.

As I am not 100% sure about your situation, so you can also try "Invalid clicks troubleshooter".

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Brijesh