AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple clicks on links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

If someone clicks on you Pay Per Click ad for the same keyword more than once do you get charged each time?  I remember hearing something about getting reimbursed if this happens.  If so, do you get the extra clicks money back straight away?

Thanks,

Nora

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nora M
September 2015

Re: Multiple clicks on links

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Nora,

Adword System has a very keen eye on this crap and have an auto rebate system for you. Google's tracking should pick that up and the advertiser shouldn't pay multiple times from the same IP.

According to my thoguts Google is not charged on click where you got the click for same IP in last 24 hours.

You may find more at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nora M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Nora,

First of all please note that repeated click from a same IP address doesn't necessarily mean that you are getting invalid clicks. It could be someone who clicked your ad in the past is still looking for additional information and clicked it again. Below is the help center article screenshot explaining the same: 

IP address.png

Google has lot of sophisticated tools and techniques to identify that. Read more on how Google protects the advertisers from invalid clicks here: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

However, if you still feel that it's not regular activity but someone intentionally doing it, you can request an investigation by following this troubleshooting guide: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?rd=1

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that repeat clicks from the same IP address can be valid clicks but is there a minimum time limit. From my logs I was charged today for 2 clicks from the same IP address for visits 30 seconds apart - seems a bit harsh to be charged twice in that case?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
This has been an ongoing issue for me as well with Adwords and it's getting really old. My web logs constantly show multiple clicks from the same IP addresses, which I am always charged for. I have called support many times and it is always the same answer - "If our system picks up on any invalid/fraudulent click activity your account will be credited. If you are noticing multiple clicks from the same IP addresses, simply exclude them from the campaign." Well... No kidding, I exclude them! So, what about crediting my account for the multiple clicks from the same IP addresses I have already been charged for? Never happens! Customer support always says they will have someone call me back to discuss these issues and guess what... That never happens, either!

First of all, anyone running a business has much more important things to be doing than driving themselves crazy and going cross-eyed sifting through thousands of lines of web logs everyday, searching for invalid clicks. When it would be so simple for Google to do the right thing and adjust their system so it simply does not charge advertisers for multiple clicks from the same IP addresses (AT LEAST within a certain time frame). Problem solved! It would even make things so much easier if Google themselves would provide IP addresses along with each and every click. Google's whole "privacy issue" excuse is completely invalid, because our web logs already provide us access to each and every IP address that passes through our websites!

The bottom line is, Google is in this to make money and they make tens of millions per day off of our advertising. I can assure you from my first hand experience without a doubt that Google does not care in the least about multiple clicks from the same IP addresses. The solution? #1) Put it out of your mind and hope that your ads generate enough revenue from valid clicks to compensate for the invalid clicks you are charged for... #2) Put more energy into your organic search results and stop paying for PPC ads... #3) Start filing lawsuits for the invalid clicks Google continuously forces us to pay for and their unwillingness to provide corresponding IP addresses with each click we're charged for... The whole tracking system is designed to be confusing and overwhelming for a reason. Believe that! Advertisers could easily make a full-time job out of tracking IP addresses/clicks when Google could so easily make it simple. But, again... Why would they want it to be simple and straight forward?

Good luck!

Multiple clicks on links

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Level 1
Aedryan M\Getting charged over and over again for multiple clicks from the same IP addresses within minutes has been an ongoing issue for me with Adwords and it's getting really old. My web logs constantly show multiple clicks from the same IP addresses, which I am always charged for. I have called support many times and it is always the same answer - "If our system picks up on any invalid/fraudulent click activity your account will be credited. If you are noticing multiple clicks from the same IP addresses, simply exclude them from the campaign." Well... No kidding, I exclude them! So, what about crediting my account for the multiple clicks from the same IP addresses I have already been charged for? Never happens! Customer support always says they will have someone call me back to discuss these issues and guess what... That never happens, either!

First of all, anyone running a business has much more important things to be doing than driving themselves crazy and going cross-eyed sifting through thousands of lines of web logs everyday, searching for invalid clicks. When it would be so simple for Google to do the right thing and adjust their system so it simply does not charge advertisers for multiple clicks from the same IP addresses (AT LEAST within a certain time frame). Problem solved! It would even make things so much easier if Google themselves would provide IP addresses along with each and every click. Google's whole "privacy issue" excuse is completely invalid, because our web logs already provide us access to each and every IP address that passes through our websites!

The bottom line is, Google is in this to make money and they make tens of millions per day off of our advertising. I can assure you from my first hand experience without a doubt that Google does not care in the least about multiple clicks from the same IP addresses. The solution? #1) Put it out of your mind and hope that your ads generate enough revenue from valid clicks to compensate for the invalid clicks you are charged for... #2) Put more energy into your organic search results and stop paying for PPC ads... #3) Start filing lawsuits for the invalid clicks Google continuously forces us to pay for and their unwillingness to provide corresponding IP addresses with each click we're charged for... The whole tracking system is designed to be confusing and overwhelming for a reason. Believe that! Advertisers could easily make a full-time job out of tracking IP addresses/clicks when Google could so easily make it simple. But, again... Why would they want it to be simple and straight forward?

Good luck!

Multiple clicks on links

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As we are running ads via Google Adwords we are facing same problem! www.urbanpestcontrolbd.com