AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Clicks from same IP

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would like to know how Google handles more than one click from the same IP address within the same day, but not at once.

I know the support here cannot check my account so I will just post a quick example of what happened.

June 30 2017 - 10:43 AM - Click from IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

June 30 2017 - 10:45 AM - Click from IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

June 30 2017 - 1:45 PM - Click from IP: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I know it's the same person from the tracking, and because my phone rang at 1:46 PM asking about my services.I'm assuming this happened because the user clicked on the link, and possibly click BACK on their browser and then clicked the second time on the link. The user must of entered my keyword in the afternoon prior to calling as well.

Does Google not consider the above as multiple clicks? In the past I've had the same situation but Google marked the extra clicks as invalid, and sometimes they don't.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christopher P,

My understanding is that shopping behavior is allowed and Google will not filter multiple clicks, just because they occur, there are no unique click rules in AdWords.

However, there are many levels of invalid click identification and action.  You can review those here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113 

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you. I'll just keep track internally and if the same IPs are clicking day after day I'll add them to my exude list so they're no longer seeing the ads.