AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Monies owed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am receiving collection letters from an agency for monies supposedly owed to GoogleAds.  Since I have had no contact with GoogleAds, how do I find out what I'm supposed to owe this for and who contracted this obligation in my name?

AND IS THERE ANYONE I CAN TALK TO BY 'PHONE ABOUT THIS?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Monies owed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dale,

One of my clients received a similar letter a while ago. I spoke to the person who sent the letter who was very helpful and gave me the details of the account and confirmation of the amounts owed.

In our case there was an account - actually the client had two - one I had been managing and another one they had been running previously - it was this latter that had accrued the debt.

We checked and the client sent a check to the collection agency - it was a good idea to check with Google first.

but here's the thing - it then took almost a month to get the account live again as the check had to clear and then the collection agency had to send the money on to Google. We managed to get them to advise Google that they had, indeed, received the funds and the account went live later that day.

The recommendation would be to goi into the offending acount and make a payment by credit card as this is much faster.

If, however, you are not sure that this money is owed and you are not aware fo any advertising that has been bought in your name I do usggest that the first place to start is with the person who sent the letter.

Then - talk to your local Google office

Hope this helps

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Monies owed

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning, DaleWMurphy.

There's a phone number on the contact Google AdWords page - you can use that.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*