AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Many Budget Orders

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an MCC with about 1300 accounts linked to it.  I need to submit a budget order each month for each account in here (so they don't over-spend).  Right now it requires an extreme amount of manual effort and many days of clicking into every account, going to billing>budget order>create, and setting the budget and date range.

Is there any suggestion for how I can submit a budget order more easily?  I have requested access to an API token, but any guidance would be appreciated. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shawn Keene
February 2016

Re: Many Budget Orders

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I did some research, and unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an easier way that's built into AdWords to make multiple budget orders, outside of using the API.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's unfortunate. The AdWords scripts I can manage, but I'm not a developer so getting started using the API in say, Visual Studio, is way outside my expertise. Although the actual calls to make the change like get- and set- budget look easy enough in the documentation, I really don't know how to just start a fresh project and get to that point. I tried downloading some samples from the official AdWords GitHub, but none are really regarding budget orders. Still, I've gone ahead and requested to be whitelisted for access to the API, and maybe I can get it to work. Until then we'll continue having a fleet of people spend days submitting budget orders at the end of every month. Smiley Sad

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Shawn,

I understand it's a disappointing answer. Most advertisers who use the API do need to use a developer to implement their solutions since it's meant for advanced users or large-scale accounts. I'd recommend making as much use of the API help forum as you can.

Cassie

Many Budget Orders

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question to build off of this situation. We had the same process where we submitted budget orders for 200+ accounts with specific budgets. Do we now need to accept each order form that was emailed to our billing contact or will the pending approval go through?