AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Manual payment not possible on initial account set-up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Want to make a manual payment on a new account.

Currency: Euro  - Country of billing: Switzerland.

As per Google this should be possible:

https://adwords.google.com/select/AfpoFinder?currency=EUR&country=CH

In real life only get automatic payment option. Why?

Thanks,

Frustrations

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Manual payment not possible on initial account set-up?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear you've been frustrated in the account set up process. 

There's a trial happening at the moment whereby it's not possible to choose the manual/prepay payment method with some new accounts. In this instance the only option there would be automatic/postpay payments. 

I hope this makes the situation a little clearer for you. 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, first thanks for your reply. But it is still very vague: which new accounts are affected? How can google in there help claim it is possible and then it turns out the info is false. That is bascially what I call deception. This means I just continue opening accounts until one works with pre-payment?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi 

Thanks for posting back. 

Unforutnately it isn't possible to say exactly which accounts are affected by this I'm afraid as this is an ongoing test run. Opening a new account might help, but I really couldn't guarantee the option of manual payments would be available in any new accounts. If it's anyway possible for you to use automatic payments for the account you just made, this may be the fastest resolution for you. 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your email. Still, I am amazed that a company like google runs such tests on a live system and not in on a test environment. Furthermore, in the very least they should update their help. In my humble opinion this is extremely unprofessional and suggests to me that google is a chaotic enterprise in the back office. Or is it intentional?