AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Account HELP!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All!

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide us!

Our actual MCC account has not been suspended but all of our accounts have been suspended for suspicious billing activity.  I have to assume it is from the same credit card being used on all the accounts even though Google is still charging the credit card and payments are being made.

However, I have spoke verbally and have an email to Google confirming that in an MCC account I am able to use the same credit card on my client accounts.

I know Invoicing would be the best and only real solution but we do not qualify for 1 year in business and our spend is only around $4000 right now a month.

Here is what and how we are advertising.  Please advise us if we are doing something wrong and what we should change.

First: We have a Directory Website with 800 clients listed on our website.  In late September early October we started to offer a paid advertising solution using Google AdWords for our clients.  We charge the client our fee and the advertising fee and then use that money to be spent on Google AdWords.  I spoke with Google and they had confirmed that it was alright to use the same credit card on all client accounts.

Second: We create their account in our MCC AdWords account.  We use a in house call tracking system that tracks all the calls to our clients.  The website is GPS based so the Destination and Display URL are the same.  I am not sure if that is the issue.  Should we have the destination URL be their Company Profile?

All clients are in the same industry and have the same ads, keywords, and basic setup.  We just make the ads very geo-specific.

Please help with any suggestions because we have reached out to Google over 3 times now with no answers and have had 1 charge back and 2 refunds.  We do not want any of this to negatively impact our company.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC Account HELP!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi John,

Billing: Using the same CC on all of the client accounts wouldn't directly lead to account suspension. However, there may be frequent multiple charges on the credit card, specially when all of your client accounts fall under the same billing cycle. If 100 of your client accounts have a common threshold limit (say $1000), you'd have 100 charges on your CC worth $1000 each within a very less time. This would lead to a problem, as most of the CC companies have a lesser limit per month and chances of declined transactions are more. Client accounts can go under suspension for frequent charge backs and payment failures as well. As you said, Monthly Invoicing is ideal for such a situation. Until your MCC becomes eligible for Monthly Invoicing, I'd suggest using multiple CCs or leave it to the client, so they can pay using their own CC.

Call Tracking: Using third party call tracking isn't a problem. However, if it could be integrated to AdWords, call conversion data could be included to optimize bids. Not sure if you're already doing it, but offline conversions can also be uploaded to AdWords using API.

Website URL: Using the same website domain for 800 clients (in the same industry) isn't a suggested practice and would certainly create issues. This is because keywords and ads (across hundreds of clients) would compete against each other and as you may be knowing, Google shows only one ad per website URL. For instance, if the website URL is www.example.com for 800 clients, only one of your client's ads would be eligible to show. Where as, more would be eligible to show, if each client account had their own URL.

Coming back to the suspension as that would be my priority, have you checked with Google if it was due to the charge backs? What's the final communication you've received?

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sumanth-

We have made little progress on our end. I have been able to speak with Google in regards to the Billing, and URL issues. It does seem like we need to change how we are doing things there. I have had to call and just ask questions because now our MCC account has been suspended and you cannot talk to anyone at Google once this happens and it is very frustrating.

We have already had 2 chargebacks and a few refund requests because we cannot seem to get this problem resolved with Google and do not have answers for our clients to get their ads back up and running.

I will provide more details as they come. Hopefully Google responds to the support emails soon because we are probably close to over $3000 in customer refunds and chargebacks in just the last week of sales.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Let's start by saying that MC live suspension is rare and indicates a serious violation.

I disagree with  Sumanth that using the same credit card cannot lead to account suspension. This practice is not recommended, unless you use a consolidated billing.

Let me check with Google what is the issue here, and whether you could recover at all...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the reply. I apologize for the other post. I created that post after I found out it was a promotion violation and thought I would be better posted in the policy area vs the billing area.

But it looks like the Billing has been figured out and we have received emails saying the ads are live. However, now it is showing the promotion violation in the accounts.

Being that it was the same URL I have a feeling that could be the issue. We cannot qualify for the consolidated billing because the business is under 1 year old. We have about 800 companies listed on our directory website and the companies we started offering the AdWords solution for love it but now being down for a week it is not looking good...

We did not or intend to break any policies. I think there may have been some confusion. Being what we do is a little unique it has been an issue since the start getting everything running correct.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If it helps, I can detail exactly what we are doing from start to finish and see if we are doing anything wrong.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This seems to be a complex case....

• Please share the website URL.
  • Please copy / paste here the last suspension email received from Google;. Do not include any personal info (e.g. Email, CID...)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Below is the account suspension email (for the individual accounts)

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us through the AdWords Help Center at https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/request.py.

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

Google maintains a high standard for the quality of our advertisements and our user experience. We have recently determined that your business maintains multiple AdWords accounts simultaneously serving ads for similar or related keywords and/or businesses.

In addition, our records indicate that some or all of these accounts were opened using promotional coupons limited to one redemption per individual or business. As a result, we have suspended your AdWords accounts and would ask that you refrain from creating additional accounts using other AdWords promotional coupons that you may already possess or obtain in the future.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The we got an email saying the accounts were live and running again. See below.

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us through the AdWords Help Center at https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/request.py.

Dear AdWords user,

I'm happy to let you know that your AdWords account (Customer ID: ) has been reactivated and might start running your ads again. Your account had been suspended in order to verify your billing information and confirm that the account complies with our Terms and Conditions.

We recognize that AdWords is important for your business and apologize for any inconvenience caused while your account was suspended.

What to do now:

Your ads can start showing again automatically, unless you need to update your billing information. If you don't want your account to show ads and accrue costs, either pause your campaigns or cancel your account. If you don't pause your campaigns or cancel your account, your account may show ads and accrue costs as normal.

If you see an alert on your Billing tab asking you to update your billing information, you'll need to do that before your ads can run again. Follow these instructions to update your billing information: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1723068?utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_camp...

Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for our system to verify and validate your billing information. If you have trouble viewing your ad after 24 hours, here's how to find the reason why: http://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&...

About account suspension:

Per our Terms and Conditions, we periodically review accounts for billing and quality purposes. These reviews are conducted to protect the security of all our advertisers and users. You can view our Terms and Conditions at: https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

For business reasons, we're unable to share further information regarding the review process, but we thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Please do not reply directly to this message, as it was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us through the AdWords Help Center at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?contact=1utm_source%3Dpolicy&utm_medium=email&amp...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Which email is the latest?