AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword selection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am new user and yesterday I placed one Ad with few keywords and set automatic bid price and deposit Rs. 500 for the same. Today I got to know that I receieve 6clicks and my balance is 0. It means 1 click = Rs.100.

Can Anyone help to understand this GOOGLE Theorem?

Re: Keyword selection

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Kraft,
Not sure I completely understand your question, but I'll try to answer to the best of my ability - Every time your Ad is clicked on you are charged a Cost-per-Click (CPC). The Actual CPC you pay is determined by your Maximum CPC Bids, your Quality Scores, and your Competition.
Via AdWords Automatic Bidding, you set a Daily Budget and then the system automatically adjusts your CPCs based on your Daily Budget. If you'd prefer to pay less per click, you can select to Manual Bidding. Using Manual Bidding you can cap your Maximum CPC Bids so that they never go above an amount you select. Keep in mind - Your Ads would not always be guaranteed to show using Manual Bidding. For example, if you set your Bid too low, it may not be high enough to appear on the 1st page. Hope this helps and please post more questions if you would like additional assistance.

AdWords Ad Rank - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en
AdWords Bidding Basics - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2459326
How AdWords Costs are Calculated - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704424?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,
To add to Vokre's great answer. Firs of all, it's not recommended to use automatic payment to have more control on your keyword and adgroups bids.

Concerning the high cost of the keywords there's a lot of factors determine that like the keywords you are using are high competitive keywords that a lot of advertiser bid on it, but there's also a lot of ways to lower your cost , the most important way is to improve quality score.

I want to emphasize that start using adwords without good knowledge of how it works and how to use it, probably will not be profitable to your business.

I suggest you start learning more about adwords ad rank and different type of biding in the URLs in the above Voker's reply.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Ahmed brings up a great point - don't "...start using adwords without good knowledge of how it works..."

New advertisers will always benefit from the AdWords for Beginner's Guide and the AdWords Steps for Setting up a New Account.

And, as always, the AdWords Community is a great place to post questions and also read previously asked questions and the answers.  Hearing from other advertisers will always help new advertisers as they start their journey.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have created one Adgroup where I had selected 10 keywords and make that Ad "display & on search network".

Now I will go through details mentioned by you.
Thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Kraft,
A suggestion - do not do Search & Display targeting from the same Campaign. Search & Display are two separate channels that require separate strategies, bids, tactical approach, etc.
Both are great vehicles for reaching your target audience, but you'll see better results when you set up a Campaign that is strictly targeted to Search, and then a Campaign strictly targeted towards Display.