AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Keep getting bill/charges after cancelling accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cancelled my account, Google keeps charging to my credit card.

Re: Keep getting bill/charges after cancelling accounts

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Rayu,

Rest assured that Google AdWords is thorough in the billing processes and not here to steal money from any of the customers. It's very common that AdWords customers receive bills after they have cancelled their accounts (upto 60 days after cancellation). These charges could be for any unpaid advertising while your account was active. The reason you are billed after cancellation is due to the AdWords billing cycle that triggers once in 30 days typically. You can get more clarity on the unpaid advertising part by visiting the Billing Summary page in your AdWords account. The Current Balance field at the top of the page (for postpay accounts) shows your unpaid advertising costs.

Let us know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,
Mini

Keep getting bill/charges after cancelling accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mini,

I have the same issue. First I cancelled my campaign, then I cancelled my account and yeah it's still charging me over 60 days later. Once you've cancelled your account you don't have access to your billing information.