AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Just a little confused...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am fairly new to adwords but I would like to start advertising.  I have entered all my information smoothly and easily but I have a few questions.

1) How would I be able to set a "max threshhold" for payments?  If I wanted to set my MAX payments to $30, so that I would only have to pay $30 and nothing else.

2)  When will my ads start advertsing?  I have done payments but am unsure if they are advertising yet, just says "eligible" under each status.

3) If I set my daily budget to $1 a day, would advertisers accept that?  Or would I have to go higher.  If so what is the cheapest amount that would be feasible.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Just a little confused...

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@walk2222 wrote:

Hi, I am fairly new to adwords but I would like to start advertising.  I have entered all my information smoothly and easily but I have a few questions.

1) How would I be able to set a "max threshhold" for payments?  If I wanted to set my MAX payments to $30, so that I would only have to pay $30 and nothing else.

2)  When will my ads start advertsing?  I have done payments but am unsure if they are advertising yet, just says "eligible" under each status.

3) If I set my daily budget to $1 a day, would advertisers accept that?  Or would I have to go higher.  If so what is the cheapest amount that would be feasible.

Thanks!

1. you can control your payments in following ways

- you can choose net banking or cheque payment options

- you can control spends with daily budgets

2. If you have already paid and balance is reflecting in your account then you can check out your ads if they are live at

https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/

3. Your daily budget depends on your keywords and your targeting i dont believe there is any minimum limit for this but $1 i guess wont help much at all. I think you should refer to view recomended budget in your campaign settings

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi walk2222,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In addition to what Nik said, I would like to add that Adwords is a flexilble advertising model, where you have all rights to keep control on your cost. In order to ensure that you spend right amount of cost on daily basis, Adwords provide you with a facility to set daily budget. So by doing this, at the end of the month, your spend is almost equat to what you want. Of course there are outside factors which do exist depending upon your campaign settings and all.

Once your account is active and ads are approved, ad delivery begins ASAP. In order to check the status, you can use Ad Preview Tool as Nik said. In addition, simply hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword and see what status message is shown back. Does it say Yes, No.

There is no minimum spend requirement from Google. You can spend as much or as least as you want. But honestly speaking, I would prefer you to do the ground work first and then decide on the daily budget. You will have to see what kind of keywords are you running and what is the competition status. If you tend to target competitve keywords, then $1 daily might not be sufficient.

I would like you to go through the Adwords Wiki section on top, which comprises of well written Adwords articles from the expert advertisers, who have spent lot of time working with Adwords. It will give you a clear vision what you should do and what not. Also, you can follow this Get started guide for more details.

Happy Reading!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@walk2222 wrote:

Thanks!

1. you can control your payments in following ways

- you can choose net banking or cheque payment options

- you can control spends with daily budgets

2. If you have already paid and balance is reflecting in your account then you can check out your ads if they are live at

https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/

3. Your daily budget depends on your keywords and your targeting i dont believe there is any minimum limit for this but $1 i guess wont help much at all. I think you should refer to view recomended budget in your campaign settings

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi walk2222,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In addition to what Nik said, I would like to add that Adwords is a flexilble advertising model, where you have all rights to keep control on your cost. In order to ensure that you spend right amount of cost on daily basis, Adwords provide you with a facility to set daily budget. So by doing this, at the end of the month, your spend is almost equat to what you want. Of course there are outside factors which do exist depending upon your campaign settings and all.

Once your account is active and ads are approved, ad delivery begins ASAP. In order to check the status, you can use Ad Preview Tool as Nik said. In addition, simply hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword and see what status message is shown back. Does it say Yes, No.

There is no minimum spend requirement from Google. You can spend as much or as least as you want. But honestly speaking, I would prefer you to do the ground work first and then decide on the daily budget. You will have to see what kind of keywords are you running and what is the competition status. If you tend to target competitve keywords, then $1 daily might not be sufficient.

I would like you to go through the Adwords Wiki section on top, which comprises of well written Adwords articles from the expert advertisers, who have spent lot of time working with Adwords. It will give you a clear vision what you should do and what not. Also, you can follow this Get started guide for more details.

Happy Reading!

Pankaj