AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to remove Credit Card details

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

I wanted to remove my client credit card details from the account. They don't want to use the account any more and wanna create a new one. I don't find an option. They have automatic payments i.e post pay.

Regards,

Gokul

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to remove Credit Card details

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
First of all, if they don't want to use the account anymore (assuming they don't want to delete it either) you can just pause everything, which will get you a bold red line on the top of the UI saying that "none of your ads are running".

Otherwise, under billing, billing settings, you can see all your credit card data, and there's the option Edit or... Remove!

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

For this situation I have a debit card with no money on it to just to put it as backup Smiley Happy

After reading this help page ( weird thing, the content is different on firefox and chrome .. ) , they say : 

"If you're on automatic payments and unsuccessfully tried to remove or change your credit card, there's a reason you weren't able to.

It's because you always need to have a primary form of payment for your account. This ensures that there's always a way for AdWords to automatically pay for your ads. So, if you tried to remove it without having another card to take its place, that's why you weren't able to.

You can change or remove the credit card you're using as long as you have a back-up. Here's how.   " 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
First of all, if they don't want to use the account anymore (assuming they don't want to delete it either) you can just pause everything, which will get you a bold red line on the top of the UI saying that "none of your ads are running".

Otherwise, under billing, billing settings, you can see all your credit card data, and there's the option Edit or... Remove!

I hope this helps.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jay,

Thanks for your reply.

However; I did not find any "remove" option. But there is an option where it is asking to give a new billing details as an backup.

Regards,
Gokul
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

For this situation I have a debit card with no money on it to just to put it as backup Smiley Happy

After reading this help page ( weird thing, the content is different on firefox and chrome .. ) , they say : 

"If you're on automatic payments and unsuccessfully tried to remove or change your credit card, there's a reason you weren't able to.

It's because you always need to have a primary form of payment for your account. This ensures that there's always a way for AdWords to automatically pay for your ads. So, if you tried to remove it without having another card to take its place, that's why you weren't able to.

You can change or remove the credit card you're using as long as you have a back-up. Here's how.   " 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Thank you. I understand.

I will advice them to do it accordingly.

Regards,
Gokul

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Just as a sidenote , if you have manual payments you can do what JaybTiger said, you have options for Edit/Remove , I can see this in another account as an available option.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
One method that I have used is change the billing from post-pay to pre-pay. You can't do this on your own though, you'll have to have your account zeroed out and then call Google to have them switch it.

For post-pay you always need a CC in the account. For pre-pay you don't.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is called stealing as those cards belong to owners and Google keeps it without their will. I just lost it with one of the helpful staff and will cancel a card. Very helpful from Google. Not

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only way I found was to cancel my credit card so they would quit charging me for inadequate ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Totally agree. They make an assumption you want to continuously do business with them. I cant even see where we can give a campaign a lifetime limit anymore. Looks like Google just want to hope for set and forget scenarios. Bad practice, afraid they are finally 'doing evil'