AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Is it safe using my Visa with Google Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, New user here, and I am a little worried that Google doesn't take PayPal for their business only Visa, so is it safe, will I be charged like a $150 a month or something, cause I'm worried that I will and I am not exactly rich or anything, but yeah aside from that, is it safe? Oh and I got an invite from them, aren't they nice Smiley Happy. P.S I'm from Australia, Queensland.

KnightRaider

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Is it safe using my Visa with Google Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi KnightRaider and welcome.

It's safe using your credit card with Google, you just need to select a payment method that suits you. Pre pay or post pay.

If you are worried about lots of charges I'd recommend using pre pay so you can't spend what isn't there. The downside to this is your ads will stop running once the deposit has been spent and you need to remember to add more funds.

You can also control what you spend by setting a campaign daily budget, so you could set this to $5 if you wanted to spend around $150 per month.

Have a look through the link above and see if that helps you.

I'm in QLD too, hope you were OK with the floods. I'm good but a few mates have lost quite a bit.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the Response mate, I'll take a further look into it Smiley Happy. We were quite well protected from the floods thankfully though we lost our net for at least two days, other than that thanks Smiley Happy.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello KnightRaider;

In addition to purfuzzz' answer, read the following article by Google on securing the transactions. You will be fully refunded for any unauthorized charges.

Unauthorized AdWords charges;

[edited]: Ohhh... you had fires and now floods? Or the fire was in NSW and now floods in QLD?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The fires are in NSW and the floods in QLD.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same challenge,

the main fear is how safe is my card from hackers? Thats my primary concern

Is it safe using my Visa with Google Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Joe,

Since you log in to AdWords with your Google account, your accounts are as safe as your password allows. Use a very complex password and instill a smart tactic with your actions. 

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is 5 years old.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.