AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to charge a margin in GDN?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it legal to Google's TOS to charge a margin to a client, and only report the gross media cost to them for a display campaign in GDN?

Let's say I want to charge 25% margin on a $2000 campaign.  I only spend $1500 in GDN, but would report $2000 to the client.  Am I required to share the true cost of media in GDN?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to charge a margin in GDN?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ben

Just my own personal opinion.

I recommend to be as honest and transparent as possible with clients. A $1500 media budget well spent, optimised that delivers positive ROI is far greater than a $2000 spend that makes a loss or isn't spent wisely. Hopefully your client will see value with your fees and you can go forward with an open and trustworthy relationship that satisfies both parties.

All the best

James

Re: Is it possible to charge a margin in GDN?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
No. The new version of the Policy for 3rd party requires to disclose any fees for managing the account
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’