AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Is debit card payment available in India?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My business debit card doesn't seem to be working in India (INR currency). I checked with the bank and they said it was working fine. I even made a transaction online to verify the card was working on payment gateways. However, Google keeps rejecting the transaction with this message "Authorization failed: No reason provided by your financial institution". Can anyone help me out with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is debit card payment available in India?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Abhishek,

AdWords accepts Master/Visa Credit & Debit cards for India. Are you using one of those..?
Google makes a test charge (usually for Rs 2 or Rs 50, returned later) to check if the card is valid. In some instances, this charge may not be successful, though your card is valid. There are a few possibilities like your card not allowing automatic charges (ones not initiated by you). I'd suggest checking with your bank, if there was a unsuccessful charge from Google, ask them for a reason and try getting it rectified.

Automatic payments is slightly different from other online payment transactions you do, as the charge is initiated by the system, unlike the online transaction you've made.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Turns out my bank (DBS) is not a banking partner with the gateway Google uses. Thus no DBS accounts can be used for transactions on Adwords.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Glad I could help!

CC issues mostly have something to do with your bank or credit card institution Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Could I make my adwords payment through my VISA debit card(hdfc bank)?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Jitendra,

Yes, you can use a Visa/Master powered credit/debit card to make payments. I see this post is a duplicate. Please post just once, to avoid confusion.

Thanks,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can contact a Google Reseller, that will enable you to use Google Apps and they will take the payment. Look for Google App Resellers in India.