AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Is a -$xxx balance remaining credit? Or does it mean I owe that amount?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a $100 credit on November 11th for spending $50 last month. And my balance shows -$49.27 right now, but my debit card was charged $48.32 yesterday. Is the ending balance on my Adwords account that shows -$49.27 the remaining credit??? If so, why would they put -$, they should just use green font for credit available and red font for whats owed.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob C
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jacob C,

When you open AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and click on Billing... you will see your dashboard that charts all debits and credits for your account. When you see a -$49.27, that is a credit. Using the -$ is standard terminology with debits & credits charting. 

You can also add up the credits and deduct the debits and arrive at the general amount owed or the credit balance left.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So every -$ means that this is the amount avaiable that i can use for my ads ? 

Or it means a unpaid balance?

And can i cancela payement ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, when you see -$, that is a credit amount you can use for ads (you do not owe this amount). When you see $ on its own (no - in front of $), this is the amount you owe to AdWords.

Payments cannot be cancelled. Once they are done, they need to be used.... or you can cancel your complete AdWords account and process a refund. You can read more here

Kind Regards,

James