AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Is Google Adwords worth $1 per click?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried this Google ad thing for couple of months for my digital sign business and it turns out for my keywords the cost per click is about $1. So in 2 months I spend about $100 for 100 clicks .... I have no idea who actually clicked and if any of those clicks amounted to any additional business ... as far as I can tell it did not.

As far as I'm concerned the click could be by a bunch of robots or a some kids sitting in Starbucks playing on their toy phones and just clicking on anything that pops - with no intention to inquire about or purchase a digital LED sign.

Re: Is Google Adwords worth $1 per click?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @DigitalValleyUSA

Welcome to the community!

Generally the cost per click(CPC) has tons of factors that affecting it. So the buggiest three things is your keywords quality score, landing page relevance, and the click through rate(CTR). Have you already checked if your campaign gets good points on the these three aspects?

Also you might like to look at your competitors and the LED industry - Is there lots of company doing the same business just like you by using the same keywords you have? Can you figure out any niche keywords that your customer might search for your business?

If you make sure you have check those two above, you will sure can lower the CPC as much as you expected Smiley Happy

As your concern about "a bunch of robots or a some kids sitting in Starbucks playing on their toy phones and just clicking on anything that pops" - Yes it's possible. But try to think this way: Every Adwords advertisers have the exactly same risk being cheated by what you worried about and the fact turns out it's not a big deal.

So just lay back and go optimizing your CPC. Good luck and hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jason

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Google charge cost per click as per the competition and Ad Rank. Your question reveals that you are just started PPC without any optimization. Lots of factors are there to manage CPC.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI @DigitalValleyUSA,

1$ per click is super if you earn more than 1$ per click. Even 100$ is ok to invest if you earn more than 100$. So please check:

1. Do you track conversions? Macro and Micro?
2. What are the behaviour metrics of CPC visitors
3. Have you checked the location and device raports?
4. Have you checked the search terms report?
5. Is your impression share better compared with others in auction insights reports?

IF you answered one or more questions with 'no,' than you didn't ran campaigns but just spent some money to increase Google's income,