AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Invoice address if I pay for my clients AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ...

I'm taking over paying for an exciting clients AdWords. 

I am invoicing them for the budget and they are paying me in advance.

The account is theirs however, so I was wondering about the invoicing.

Should they still receive the Google invoice or should I and if it's me how do I change this without affecting ownership of the account.

Thanks in advance for you help.

LK    

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invoice address if I pay for my clients AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Laurence K;

Google issues a billing to the user whose details are shown on the billing tab.
I always recommend not to have your CC number on an account which is not yours. In case of a billing issue this could affect other accounts...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV.
I understand the reservations about the cc details - I don't use the card for any other clients and I am putting a set of measures in place to monitor and manage any issues.
Can you confirm, if the billing details are changed, does the ownership change?
And should they still receive the invoice or should I?
Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Not sure what you mean by the "ownership"?
Generally speaking, the owner is the user who accepted the terms of service upon opening the account.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’