AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am getting 350-400 Invalid clicks everyday. Any suggestion what should I do?

Thanks and Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author neerajkv30
September 2015

Re: Invalid clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi neerajkv30,

How are you so sure that you are getting 35-400 invalid clicks everyday?

If a click doesn't convert into a lead prospect, it doesn't mean that it's an invalid click. Google have strong tools and techniques to take care of the invalid activity to protect the advertiser's account. Read more about it here:

http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Still if you think there are invalid clicks happening in your account, you can use this troubleshooter to report it to Google:

http://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

As Pankaj mentioned, Google has many ways of picking up invalid clicks and doesn't charge you for these clicks.

I'd recommend also adding the invalid click column to your campaign view. This will show you the clicks that AdWords has filtered out without charging you. You can then see if this matches any of the data you have.

You can see how to customise your columns here and the invalid clicks are under performance (I think from memory).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Thats just over 7.5% which isn't too bad, I've seen a lot worse.

As long as Google is picking them up as invalid, you don't really need to worry too much.

As Pankaj already mentioned above, you could always report them if you think there is something suspicious going on.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi neerajkv30,

How are you so sure that you are getting 35-400 invalid clicks everyday?

If a click doesn't convert into a lead prospect, it doesn't mean that it's an invalid click. Google have strong tools and techniques to take care of the invalid activity to protect the advertiser's account. Read more about it here:

http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Still if you think there are invalid clicks happening in your account, you can use this troubleshooter to report it to Google:

http://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

As Pankaj mentioned, Google has many ways of picking up invalid clicks and doesn't charge you for these clicks.

I'd recommend also adding the invalid click column to your campaign view. This will show you the clicks that AdWords has filtered out without charging you. You can then see if this matches any of the data you have.

You can see how to customise your columns here and the invalid clicks are under performance (I think from memory).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj and Purefuzz

I got the data for Invalid Clicks from google adwords itself. And it varies from 350 to 400 everyday.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
What sort of percentage of invalid clicks are you getting? I've seen accounts run on around 5-12% and its quite normal. Sent from my iPad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Starting of the month Invalid clicks was around 150-170, But When i increased the budget for some of my campaigns then, Invalid clicks got increased more than 100%. And Now its around 350- 400 everyday.

Below is the data for 21 days

Total Clicks: 72,211
Invalid clicks: 5,452

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Thats just over 7.5% which isn't too bad, I've seen a lot worse.

As long as Google is picking them up as invalid, you don't really need to worry too much.

As Pankaj already mentioned above, you could always report them if you think there is something suspicious going on.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Purefuzz for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey neerajkv30,

Have you checked if these clicks are coming from the same IPs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This just bit me big time. I started a campaign, this morning I had 1 click (which is what BitLy showed). Then today mid-day my BitLy clicks went berzerk...over 3,000 in 6 hours before I got online and "paused" the campaign. At which point the "invalid clicks" stopped. The chat drone said "don't worry, our software is really smart and you won't get charged for invalid clicks" but, honestly, if the software was smart it wouldn't have served up 3,000+ "invalid clicks" and roached my AWSTATS, BitLy stats, and (I'll see in the morning) Google Analytics stats. What an absolute, horrifying, disaster.