AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I clearly had an Invalid Clicks problem back in January.

Never before, had I hit my daily budget by 8:30am PST and them all of a sudden I start losing my ad space becasue my budget was hit by 8:30am. My competitors are very shady and I would guess it was them but I can't prove it.

I had keywords that barely ever get click skyrocket in CTR, and plummet in Visit Duration (mostly to 0 seconds). The CTR was up 300 to 1000% during the days I believe I had invalid clicks.

Google originally told me that the log of IP Addresses did not suggest any fraudulent activity but when I replied that anyone can easily randomize their IP Address google dropped that topic.

Like always, google suggested to "raise my budget" Nothing frustrates me more than we google tells me to spend more money. We are not at liberty to waste money.

When google suggested wouldn't it be in their best interest to provide good customer service I reminded them that they are a monopoly and it doesn't really matter what level of service they provide, I literally have no other options.

I have more data to support my claim of invalid clicks which I provided to the google team but all they say back is "our specialized team did not find anything" but they won't support their claim.

Who can I speak with about resolving this issue?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
There are a couple of things you can do... first, check your change history just to make sure that nothing changed just before the time the clicks rocketed... sometimes an innocuous change cna have unexpected ramifications...

Then go into Analytics and check to see where these clicks came from.

If you can show, for example, that on particular days a whole bunch of clicks came in from a particular town and that the browser version and operating system suggest the same machine, then this is evidence you can take back to Google and, at least, reopen the investigation.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Have you submitted the data to support your claim to Google?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello WineEmotion USA W,

I suggest to wait till your billing cycle or a month (personal exp.). Adwords Billing Dept. reviews your spend pattern and credit some amount back to your adowrds account for invalid clicks.

Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I have. Spent a good portion of the day on it and they don't even take it into consideration in the end. The most frustrating part is they put me through the ringer and then when I ask them to support their claim they give me nothing back.
Unfortunately google monopolized this space and I just need to move on.