AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have anywhere from 150 to 800 invalid clicks a day. I have a third party tracker on my website and a third party company that is submitting the invalid IP addresses to my Google account but I am still getting clicked on from the  blocked IP address that my ad isn't supposed to be coming out on. My ad comes out in the morning and they click on it 100 times and my ads budget is depleted and my ad stops coming out, about one to two hours later 97 of the clicks get moved to the invalid clicks column and my ad comes out again for about 5 minutes then I get clicked on again another 100 times and they keep doing that throughout the day until my budget really is depleted since I get charged about $10 to $15 a click. I called about a month ago and Im not sure what they did but the invalid clicks stopped and I was able to keep my ad up for about 10 days then a couple of weeks ago the same thing happened and I called and sent screenshots of the third party tracking to show from where and what IP addresses were clicking and the 200 clicks in just two hours and again she submitted it and it got fixed and I was able to work for another two weeks. This last Monday it started again so I checked the IP addresses and added a couple of new ones to my excluded IP address list to see if it would help and it didn't so I called again and this time I was told that he would not be able to get my account checked because I had to wait at least a month before I could get my account checked again. I tried to explain that I was spending about $4000 to $5000 a month on these clicks and that I wasn't getting any work since my ad wasn't coming out but I am still getting charged and he said to wait because there were other people with the same problem and that the team had too many claims already so I had to wait and that there isn't any other way. I am hoping that that is incorrect and that there is someone else higher up that can take a look at my account. The IP addresses are coming from Bell Flower, California and Stockton, New Jersey so I excluded the entire state from my account, I already excluded the IP addresses with the star at the end so that when they change the last number it should exclude them entirely since its always the same two but it isn't working and my ad keeps coming out on those excluded and I keep getting clicked on. Has anyone out there had this problem and were you able to find a solution or a Google department that can take a look at my account. It just doesn't seem right that I would need to wait for a problem that they haven't been able to fix. Please help my locksmith business is really hurting because of this. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid Clicks

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

HI AdrianEst,

I'd have to look into the specifics of your account to see if you are correctly setting up the IP exclusions.

Have you contacted the AdWords Support team to look into the specifics of your account? You can find your local contact details here.

Alternatively, I'd read about Invalid Traffic, and also you can request an Click Investigation. If you are going to do that make sure you give the team exactly the information they are looking for, and bear in mind it can take a couple weeks for this to be processed.

Kathleen 

Re: Invalid Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have submitted an investigation and it worked for about a week. However, this last time I called he told me that he could not submit another investigation until at least a month had passed by. I told him this was the same problem I was having from the last investigation from a couple of weeks ago and he said that he was not going to submit it because there were too many other people that had the same problem and that I had to give that team to help them also. I told him to please check my account and he could see that it was an ongoing problem that had not been fixed yet, he could see my invalid click activity from the pictures I had sent before with over 100 clicks from the same IP address and he could also see that that was one of the excluded IP addresses that I had on my account, but he still said that there wasn't any other place that he could send my investigation to and that I would just have to wait at least two more weeks until I could call back. I am just looking to see if I can find someone to check my account and make sure that my ad stops coming out on the IP addresses that I have excluded and that it stops charging my account. Is there any department that will take my call and submit an investigation on my account. The person I called wouldn't even submit it and told me not to call back for another couple of weeks which is going to cost me at least $2000 and that is too much to pay for not having any advertisement.

Invalid Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have a Electrical and Plumbing business. I have the same issue. The only diffdifference is that my competiitors are using Device Emulators anand thi seems t be impossible to track and block .  Have you found anyone who can help?