AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am being plagued by invalid clicks!

This week alone 93.49% of clicks are invalid or 1049 invalid clicks!

Goolge have been in  contact numerous times and even done a manual investigation that revealed further invalid clicks and refunded me a further some of money. The point is that these clicks deplete my budget before they are classed as invalid so my ads stop running for periods. One day this week there were over 800 invalid clicks and my budget of £30.00 was showing as £112.00?

Clearly this cannot be down to someone just sat there clicking 800 times it must be some sort of programme?

Google said they won't ban anyone found to be doing it or stop them running their own  ads if it is down to a competitor. In other words the most they will do is refund and let the clicks keep coming. I have banned swathes of IP addresses but to no avail.

Question is, what is the point? It's all getting too much and taking too much time to sort out. What can I do effectively to stop this and control it? How does someone manage to click 800 times in a matter of a few hours?

Totally fed up!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is a tough case.
Have you been able to recognize / identify the competitor?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is someone that I successfully sued in the High Court (after a 3 years of litigation) last year for 'cyber libel bullying'. He has to pay me £70k damages and costs of £200k as well as having an injunction against him.

He has decided to use this tactic and has also set up business doing what I do (although he can't) and now his adverts are at the very top! Until I get positive proof I cannot go back to court to get the injunction reworded to include this sort of sabotage.

In the meantime he is damaging my business.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Doesn't the IP link to him?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Some IP's link to him that I know from the court case but the main attack is not a static ip address. It always starts with the two same sets of numbers mainly but then goes through the whole endless possibilities making blocking difficult.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. I called Google two weeks ago to submit a claim for invalid clicks and to have it manually checked, it helped for two weeks but then it started again and I called again but the Google representative that I got told me that I could not get it checked until a month goes by so now Im just waiting it out. I have the set of IP addresses blocked and my ad keeps coming out on those blocked IP addresses and I keep getting charged. Its not helping me but it might help you, I blocked the entire set of first numbers by putting a star at the end, ex: if the IP address is 166.170.5.117 then delete the last number and put a star like this 166.170.5.*  

That is supposed to block the entire set, however, I have these IP's are blocked on my account and my ad keeps coming out on those IP's and I keep getting clicked on and now Google won't even submit my claim. I was wondering how you were able to sue that person, I also know who it is and I know they have software that clicks on me but Im not sure what I can sue them for or what attorney specializes on these types of cases. I am looking for one but Im not sure where to begin. I hope this helps you because my locksmith business has quickly lost its customers since Google used to be my main advertising. Good luck.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

As @AdrianEst mentioned - the only course of action I can see is  a legal one.