AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Impression Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Please tell me i want to run my campaign on impression bases. How i run or how i set the impression cost or how i calculate the amount behalf of impression.

Thank You

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impression Campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

In order to work on impressions, you might be interested in Cost per thousand impression model i.e. CPM, rather then going for CPC or Cost per Click model in Google Adwords.

Here, you can create campaign targeting Google Display Network because this type of bidding (CPM) is only available in GDN. I would also like to add that CPM based campaigns are primarily for the Brand Management online.

Read more about CPM bidding here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6310?hl=en 

and  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello John012 ! Welcome to the AdWords Community

From your message I understand that you want to use AdWords to configure a CPM bidding campaign.

In order to do this you need to have a Display Only campaign and at the "Bidding and budget" section you can select "Focus on impressions - use maximum CPM bids". After this you can also change the bid per ad group or for example per placement . The CPM bid is a manual bid.

From this link you can find out the Minimum cost per thousand impressions (CPM) is depending on what Country and currency you have for your account.

There is also more information here about Focus on impressions with manual CPM bidding

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't know we were writing at the same time... I apologize @Pankaj1782 . From now on I'll open the topic in 2 windows and refresh the 2nd before hitting reply to avoid this.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@ Adrian, that's fine...It happens with me as well.