AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Important: Are you experiencing issues with bank transfer payments not showing up on your AdWords account?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 1
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

The billing team has gathered some information regarding the use of offline bank transfer. Bank transfers usually takes between 5 and 10 working days to arrive in your AdWords account depending on your bank’s processes. This can sometimes lead to problems with ad delivery being stopped because the available funds on your AdWords accounts are already depleted.

There are several alternatives available for you which we want to introduce to you. Please notice that the following information only applies to users whose accounts are already using the new billing interface. You use the new billing interface if
- a click on the billing tab does not open a drop-down menu
- the site navigation is located on the left side of the billing tab
- if manual payment instead of prepay and automatic payment instead of postpay are mentioned

Alternatives to bank transfer payments

There are two alternatives to bank transfer payments:

1. You can switch to automated payments by direct debit (in the UK) or credit card in just a few simple steps. Automatic payments can be a much better payment setting since the setting doesn’t rely on you to remember to add money to your account. Also you are only charged after your ads have received clicks and you do not need to forward money.Learn more athttp://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=163855
  2. You might be eligible to prepay via credit card for your AdWords account rather than bank transfer. With credit card prepay your account balance is almost immediately replenished with an amount of your choice and the typical delay of bank transfer payments can be successfully avoided. Learn more athttp://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=60800

If you do not qualify for automated payments or manual credit card payments or if you still feel that bank transfer is a viable option for you then there are some general tips which can help you to make your bank transfer payments as smooth as possible.

- In order for us to process your payment, your bank's transfer form must include your unique reference number for the transfer. If the form's Notes field or Reference number field doesn't have enough room for the entire number, enter the number in the Name field before, or instead of, your name. (Remember that the reference number is found on the transfer information form that you generated in your AdWords account. It's different from your AdWords Customer ID.)
- If you decide to transfer a different amount than you had planned when requesting the reference number you do not need to create a new one. The reference numbers are not connected to the amount you want to transfer.
- It is possible that your bank charges you a transaction fee for offline bank transfers which is added to the transaction value.

Thank you,

Zee
G+

Re: Important: Are you experiencing issues with bank transfer payments not showing up on your AdWord

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

Can you please assist in getting the bank account number for payment for our Adwords account? We are located in New Zealand and we would like to pay to New Zealand bank account number. The account number should be around 15 digit long. I would appreciate if you can let me know the information as soon as possible.

Regards,

Naweed

Re: Important: Are you experiencing issues with bank transfer payments not showing up on your AdWord

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi naweedqadir,

Here is a detailed step by step article how to make a bank transfer. All details will be included in your AdWords account. 

Best,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Zee for looking into my query.

Regards, Naweed

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
No problem, Naweed.
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To Google Adwords, as a marketing consultant, I help many clients who want to advertise using Adwords. Be aware that your system of bank transfers to top up an account is not sufficient for New Zealand as it does not provide a suitable bank account number. A New Zealand Bank Account is formatted:

xx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xx

Your Adwords information gives the account in the International format which is not suitable for a domestic online transfer.

Please provide a New Zealand bank account number as I've read numerous pleas for help on many different forums and the only reply (as here) seems to be to send people to a help page that doesn't actually answer the question, which is why people are on the forum in the first place...

FDS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
FDS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I also need the NZ bank account details in the format requested above. I have been unable to have this question answered elsewhere and cannot arrange credit card payment to the value I would like, so can only use the manual payment method.

Re: Important: Are you experiencing issues with bank transfer payments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also would like the NZ account number. I have emailed about this with no response and also used chat support who were going to get back to me later in the day, also no response. Please provide a 15 digit account number for New Zealand customers instead of the international version which is unusable for NZ customers.